Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 237751 times)

Offline Mura

• Shadow lurker
aww dammit, i claim the desert island, too bad the dibs on the temple were taken, tho :(

Kinda makes me not want it so much anymore XD
Signed, me

Not that it's likely given the distance, but if no one else has taken it yet, I think I'll put in a claim for the decent-sized island around 3200, 1600.
Would you mind if I took the 3600, 1200 island? The one with the load of trees on to the north east of yours.
Sure, that'd be fine. :) I was actually going to recommend that for anyone looking for an island setup. 

I've settled on the larger of the two islands to the right of that desert island.
There's also a good-sized desert island right next door that's free, though I totally call dibs on going Tomb Raider on the desert temple. :p
Anybody actually bothered to explore one of these yet?  What are the traps like?  :nervous:
Find me as Hojo Norem elsewhere...

butter_pat_head... a name picked in sheer desperation more than 10 years ago from some super obscure Red Dwarf reference.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Everyone wants an island. This will be very interesting.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
Anybody actually bothered to explore one of these yet?  What are the traps like?  :nervous:
According to the wiki, the desert temple contains a basic 'landmine trap', which consists of a pressure plate on top of 9 TNT.  My experience with those is that breaking the pressure plate (by hand works fine) will safely disarm the trap, allowing you to take the TNT for yourself.  You'll be fine so long as you can locate the pressure plate before you step on it. Creeper explosions can also set off the trap (although probably not on this server), and if you hear a hissing sound you have a narrow window of opportunity to get to safety before the TNT goes off.

If you'd like, you could take me along, I've had lots of experience identifying, disarming, and (not) setting off these types of basic traps.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 01:24:41 pm by Alex Heartnet »

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Everyone wants an island. This will be very interesting.

I WILL BUILD CANNONS TO DEFEND MY POSITION!
"No"

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
aww dammit, i claim the desert island, too bad the dibs on the temple were taken, tho :(

Kinda makes me not want it so much anymore XD
I was semi-joking, but if you want that island anyway, it's all yours. :p

And yeah, there's a pressure plate in the middle of the hidden chamber that's linked to 9 TNT buried in the floor.  As I found out the hard way when fooling around in LAN mode with my brother.  *drop*...*ssss*...*BOOOOOOOOOOM!*

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
Rather then claiming an island, I decided I wanted to live off of a boathouse.

I WILL BUILD CANNONS TO DEFEND MY POSITION!

Good idea!  *Sets up TNT cannons within boathouse*

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Construction is well under way to converting the floating island my crew and I claimed, into a fortress. Food and wool are set up (but could do with improving), and I planted a crazy amount of trees.
Now we only have to remain unnoticed until I can afford to protect the island, and are ready to face the two factions that became insta-enemies.
This I swear my crew will make it big, or we'll die trying!
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I've jumped onto a peninsula of the continent since everyone was grabbing islands. Not a bad start, needs more melons and pumpkins, but at least found a jungle for cocoa. :)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Oh right...if anyone doesn't have pine trees in their area, I'll probably have a decent amount of saplings before too long.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Oh right...if anyone doesn't have pine trees in their area, I'll probably have a decent amount of saplings before too long.

I already snatched some of your trees.  I'll have some pumpkin seeds soon if anyone needs any.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

I already snatched some of your trees.  I'll have some pumpkin seeds soon if anyone needs any.

Yes. Also I have a variety of saplings and tons of wheat seeds if anybody still needs some to get started.

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
We should build a bunch of TNT cannons and dispensers loaded with fire charges, all aimed at the spawn island docks.  Make the waters around the docks really shallow, and see if we can't sink any boats.  :drevil:

I got a functional prototype at my boathouse, just have to actually gather the TNT for it.

Hey IronBeer, beneath that desert village near your position, there's a fairly large cave system. I torched a bit of it, but I'll leave all the spoils to you. I build a staircase with a door to access the cave, it's near the village wheat farm.
Also I expanded the village wheat farm.

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
Hey IronBeer, beneath that desert village near your position, there's a fairly large cave system. I torched a bit of it, but I'll leave all the spoils to you. I build a staircase with a door to access the cave, it's near the village wheat farm.
Also I expanded the village wheat farm.
Awesome! Thanks for doing that. I'll try and go spelunk it later today.
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
That sounds interesting. I live on the swamp island near the teleporters. Ironbeer, do you mind if I came over for a look sometime?

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
That sounds interesting. I live on the swamp island near the teleporters. Ironbeer, do you mind if I came over for a look sometime?
Go for it. I haven't explored the whole system yet. It's pretty big, so it might take some time even for a few explorers.
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
UPDATE:

Real World:
 - Dieing will now spawn you at your bed.
 - Players who log onto the server for the first time now get some food with their starting kit.

Dream World:
 - TnT disabled. With the ability to spawn anything, it's griefer bait. May not be permanent.
______________________________________________________________ _________________________

REQUEST:

If you have a build in the dreamworld, PM me the cords so that I may set warps to them. Include a name if you don't just want it to be <your name><number>.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 06:46:51 am by KyadCK »
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline HoundofDarkness

• Guardian of The Catacombs, Receiver of Tolls
I lost someone very special to me today.

[attachment removed and sold on the black market]
Mankind, a cesspit of hatred and lies! - Castlevania, Dracula

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Got  all my rights revoked in skylands by an impatient op who expected me to remember building a 1x1 tower three days ago and miles from my floating island, instead of saying "See that tower there? You made it. By leaving it, you violated the rules."  I got randomly teleported to the dessert, and told that the op had better things to do, so I should hurry up. No explaination as to where I was or why I was there.

I wouldn't be so pissed if I was told why I was punished, instead of having to figure it out for myself. I didn't even get a warning.  :(

Oh well! I left my faction as it was was rising up and getting established so I'm just going to man up, take it on the chin and contest it. Even admins have their bad days, so I'm not going to hold it against the guy.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.