Author Topic: Confidence  (Read 9476 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I think this will surpass BTRL, dunno why, call it a hunch.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I'll try to be honest with this one.

First of all I'm happy because we can finally see a great BSG mod here on HLP. Although GW is a nice site HLP is the most active and important one. I didn't like the fact that GW visitors interested on BtRL, by looking at the inactive FS related threads, could think of the FS community as a dead one(BtRL and a few other projects excluded). So, Diaspora will bring here a lot of potential members and show them what the FS community is really capable of.

I don't like the fact that the original BtRL team split up, however. Looks like most members joined Diaspora, thus leaving BtRL with poor chances of survival. The forums on GW are dying and that mod has rapidly lost momentum - it's on the verge of the abyss. This is far from being good. I hard believe no one else agrees with me. I wonder if a split was necessary. Now there will be two teams attempting to do similar(if not the same) things...  :ick:

I wish you luck with the mod. I hope it'll be a great one! :D
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The Starfox mod on its own could keep a lot of people interested in Game-Warden. They've got a lot of very cool stuff going on in their internal. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Yeah, but what has recently happened to BtRL is sad... :(
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
TBH, I'm kind of shocked that this happened. What kind of conflicts are you guys talking about with the BtRL team? I mean, from my perspective, it just seems like you guys didn't get your way so you stopped playing and made your own game.

It just seems kind of childish...

But I wouldn't know. I didn't see what happened, so I'm not one to comment at all.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I'm not saying what went on internally with BtRL because that's exactly what it was, internal.

I will say however that it wasn't a simple fit of pique and that those few outsiders who have been told the full story and have expressed an opinion have said that they don't blame us for leaving.

Offline Meleardil

• Meleardil Eressea Iluvadan

I don't think we shall explain anything...but think: a dozen people being childish all at once? Well...
"I think it is impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves."
Speaker for the Dead

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
I'm not saying what went on internally with BtRL because that's exactly what it was, internal.

I will say however that it wasn't a simple fit of pique and that those few outsiders who have been told the full story and have expressed an opinion have said that they don't blame us for leaving.

I'm sure I wouldn't blame you, it's just that these things are... regrettable.

Regardless, I wish Diaspora the best of luck. Make a cool BSG game; I'll be looking forward to playing it. :)

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
I think its safe to say that Diaspora has lots of talented people behind it and surely many more to join in the future.  Its in good hands...we'll see some neat stuff no doubt!  We already have :)
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
It's funny because when everyone was speculating about the new badge, I jokingly thought, "HLP is going to announce their own BSG mod to compete with GW and their BtRL, because dividing talent between two rival mods is totally a great idea in such a small community."

Granted, that's not exactly what happened, but it's close enough amuse me.

Er... that is to say... I'm not criticizing what you guys did, since it appears most of the team has moved over to this new project. I just thought it would be funny to have the BtRL team split in half and try to outdo each other for no good reason.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Adalla

• So Say We All!
    • Adalla Productions
Quote from: Mobius
I don't like the fact that the original BtRL team split up, however. Looks like most members joined Diaspora, thus leaving BtRL with poor chances of survival. The forums on GW are dying and that mod has rapidly lost momentum - it's on the verge of the abyss.

There is a saying...very appropriate in this instance.

You reap what you sow

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started

I don't think we shall explain anything...but think: a dozen people being childish all at once? Well...

Well, it's a matter of opinions. Officially, most BtRL team members left to form the new Diaspora team...but looks like, well, most BtRL members got rid of the others who're still on GW for partially known reasons. If people had different opinions on internal a poll should've been enough to clarify everything. If so many members agreed with Karajorma why did the others refuse to accept the fact that the plans for a BSG mod needed urgent changes?

I don't find the members of the Diaspora team childish(how can Karajorma be childish?!?). I think the others are pretty childish because they think to keep BtRL running with a skeleton team and without the support of so many. HLP is all for Diaspora.
The Lightblue Ribbon

I don't find the members of the Diaspora team childish(how can Karajorma be childish?!?). I think the others are pretty childish because they think to keep BtRL running with a skeleton team and without the support of so many. HLP is all for Diaspora.[/i][/color]

"HLP is all for Diaspora?" I don't recall you being nominated the voice of the forum.  :doubt:
       If the mod team split, whatever. Best of luck to both parties.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
The HLP community supports the project, right? Why wouldn't we?!? :wtf:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
What he means is that HLP support both BtRL and Diaspora rather than picking sides. Which is fair enough, as far as I'm concerned BtRL is just another FS2_Open game which I'll treat no differently to WCS or Shadows of Lylat.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
That's my view too, i just think Diaspora will be a bit better :nod:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
I believe that the BTRL team would have a perfectly good reason for splitting, not over something like "I hate caek". If they wanna keep the reason private, then I respect their wishes.

Regardless, I support both parties, and hope both do equally well in creating what they view as their own vision of what BSG in FSO should be.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Regardless, I support both parties, and hope both do equally well in creating what they view as their own vision of what BSG in FSO should be.

I too hope for the same.  :nod:

I believe that the BTRL team would have a perfectly good reason for splitting, not over something like "I hate caek". If they wanna keep the reason private, then I respect their wishes.

Well... Caek is pretty awful stuff...

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Do we know how many people are still in the btrl team ?