Author Topic: Updates?  (Read 3674 times)

Offline Felix 039

• The One True Noob
Hai guise, I haven't posted for a veeeeerrrrry long time. I was wondering, any chance we could see a bit of update on the project?
Turning pros into noobs since 1992.
---
Oh look, there's something down here!

No there isn't...

Offline newman

You should really know better than to ask this :) When RL allows, we'll post updates. When we actually have something in a state that can be showed off, we don't really need reminders to do so.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Well to be fair it has been a long time. But indeed, we've not got much to show off at the moment. We're working on it though.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Maybe you can show some kind of roadmap. It kinda shows what you have been doing, what you are doing, and of course what still has to be done. It doesn't have to be much but this keeps the people here up to date. I found that with other projects I followed that this gave people an idea of how much work has been put into this. And how much work still has to be done.

Just a thought
A voice from the dark called out and said: Smile and be happy, things could be worse. So I smiled and was happy, and things did get worse...

Agreed- this project is just too dang cool not to go on.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
We released our Directors Cut Edition less than a week ago. What more do you want than that? :p

WOWSERS! Deepest apologies- I've gotten so used to seeing just 1.04 that I didn't notice it!

That's awesome- thank you and the team for all the time and skill you put into Diaspora! On behalf of everyone who plays, we are extremely grateful as we constantly salivate for more  :lol:

You really ought to put something about that on the front page, guys.

I used to follow the project avidly, and I just booted up the game for some mad cylon-blasting fun, and thought "I wonder if there're any updates?" If not for this thread, I would have given up.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
The latest update is currently in beta (especially since we've had some reports of trouble with combat landings). As soon as we sort that out, we'll be making some announcements.

Still, I suppose it might not hurt to mention the beta a little more widely.

Of course, now I feel like an idiot, having noticed the great big sticky topic at the top of the page - but I'm sure I'm not the first seasoned forum-goer whose eyes are guilty of glossing over the sticky topics...

Sorry if my tone above was out of line, that wasn't my intention, but reading it back, it does seem a tad abrupt.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
It's okay. It didn't seem like a demand, so much as a suggestion.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I thought you were going to link to one of IronForge's posts. :p