Author Topic: An idea I had.  (Read 2794 times)

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
all that said it would be pretty bangin if we got another opposing force game with adrian shep as a combine soldier

Hells to the yeah. OpFor kicked all kinds of ass. We could tell Gordon to pick up that can and then go beat civilians. Outbreak outbreak outbreak.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
the only thing from blue shift that actually appears in hl2 is the name 'barney'

Was the player character's first name ever explicitly stated? In text it was always "B. Calhoun", and NPCs just referred to him as "Calhoun". And I'm not sure HL2 Barney's last name was ever stated, either  :wtf:

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
The developers have explicitly said the name of HL2's Barney was from the model file of security guards in HL1. That Gearbox used the same reference for the first name of their protagonist is a coincidence.

OPForce and Blue Shift are non-canon, although there is actually very little of em that is in any sort of contradiction with HL2 canon whatsoever.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
To be honest, if I were to base something on an interpretation of WotW, it would be the Jeff Wayne musical version rather than any of the film ones. That one always struck me as the most tense of the versions out, there's no heroism, no sacrifice, just terrified Victorian Londoners running for their lives and being driven insane by fear :)