Author Topic: repeat SOC LOOP 1, MISSION 3 ?  (Read 2470 times)

repeat SOC LOOP 1, MISSION 3 ?
Hello,

fsopen Freespace 2, ...But Hate the Traitor:

I follow the order to shoot at the transport, but finally get the code for the jump drive. So i completed the mission successfully? I'm not sure.
Is there any way to repeat the mission although i selected the next mission already?

Marcus

Re: repeat SOC LOOP 1, MISSION 3 ?
AFAIK there is no way to revert to an old mission and continue the campaign from there. Once you accept an outcome of the mission, it's final and irreversible. You could of course modify the save files manually with 3rd party text editors, but that's a different thing entirely.

There is some speculation that shooting the transport originally resulted in a failed mission, but in the end both outcomes became accepted as a success, even though the debriefing is very harsh for the "shooters". However the rest of the FS2 campaign doesn't really change according to your choice, so you can safely continue playing to the end.

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
If you just want to replay the mission you can go to the tech room and select it and play it again. 
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Someone high up in Command recognized that you were doing what had to be done in order to preserve your cover. That's the kind of utilitarian ruthlessness we'll need to face the crises to come.
Spoiler:
I do not endorse blowing up civilian transports

Thanks!

@Macfie:
I can select a single mission to reply in the tech room? I thought i can only select a whole campaign.

Anyway - i proceeded with the following missions - it doesn't really matter so far.

I can select a single mission to reply in the tech room? I thought i can only select a whole campaign.

You select whole campaigns in the Campaign Room. You can select individual missions (both for the current campaign and stand-alone) in the tech room under "Mission Simulator".

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
One thing to note is that once you've accepted a mission outcome, you can't use the techroom to change the outcome of the mission in your playthrough - only to play the mission again. It's fine though, since the FS2 campaign rarely tracks what happened in previous missions for the sake of altering later missions.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The actually FS2 campaign doesn't. Lots of mods do.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]