Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 580526 times)

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
My god people, it's a wall

A frigging wall
You sir, speak sense.
Free diamonds!
Noooooo! He says a few measly word and you give him free diamonds?!
I pester you every time I see you on endlessly and I get nothing! Nothing!

:rolleyes:

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
If it's any consolation I can't go on his server to obtain my free diamonds
"No"

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Mine is bigger and looks better. 
So NYAAAAAAAAAaaaa!

And there isn't even any difference between your wall and my old one, except the material from which it's made (and size).
yes. the difference is i put every block in manually. and it doesnt look like crap.

They look the same..same "striped" design, different blocks (cobble vs. then unexisting stone bricks).
And putting it by hand or using a lava+water mechanic...no difference.
there's a difference.

A) you intenionally went to encircle stuff of other people playing on qaz's/rhx's server without permission with your ****ty wall.. i didnt do so on mine. since, y'know, i dont want to offend anyone and such things like common courtesy.
B) my wall isnt filled with ****ty gaps, it doesnt obstruct **** for miles aroound and it doesnt really harm anybody.

Unlike your wall, which got undo-ed by qaz.

Try harder next time.

A) What does where the wall goes have to do with how it looks?
B) What does it have to do with how it looks?

Honestly, I was just messing with ya, but now you're starting to make it personal.

Maybe you think that placing each block by hand makes your e-peen grow? This ain't worth a pissing contest (and you'd loose anyway, by sheer scale alone)
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Flat is mundane and boring regardless of whatever additional things you do to it. It's still flat, and a wall

100% subjective. Dismissed.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Flat is mundane and boring regardless of whatever additional things you do to it. It's still flat, and a wall

100% subjective. Dismissed.

By dismissing opinions of others, you cannot improve oneself or your creations.
The statement is also objective. Your eyes are naturally drawn to change as it engages the viewer. If you stare at a field of grass which is motionless, and a single blade within it moves, your eyes are naturally drawn to said blade of grass. Same is applied to paintings and structures. By engaging those who view your creation, you engage them with something that is far more interesting. By having it all far too similar, it becomes just another wall. What makes the Great Wall of China interesting? (aside from the structural wonder it is) The fact it flows so smoothly with the terrain as it goes up and down hills with the occasional guard tower to break it up. Had the entire wall been a box with an even height all the way around, it'd still be hailed as a wonder, but not for the same reasons
"No"

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
Mine is bigger and looks better. 
So NYAAAAAAAAAaaaa!

And there isn't even any difference between your wall and my old one, except the material from which it's made (and size).
yes. the difference is i put every block in manually. and it doesnt look like crap.

They look the same..same "striped" design, different blocks (cobble vs. then unexisting stone bricks).
And putting it by hand or using a lava+water mechanic...no difference.
there's a difference.

A) you intenionally went to encircle stuff of other people playing on qaz's/rhx's server without permission with your ****ty wall.. i didnt do so on mine. since, y'know, i dont want to offend anyone and such things like common courtesy.
B) my wall isnt filled with ****ty gaps, it doesnt obstruct **** for miles aroound and it doesnt really harm anybody.

Unlike your wall, which got undo-ed by qaz.

Try harder next time.

Honestly, I was just messing with ya, but now you're starting to make it personal.

it means that you're a ****wad who cant accept when he lost anything, continues to argue against literal walls, cannot ever admit that he is wrong, and really, the list goes on.

Maybe you think that placing each block by hand makes your e-peen grow? This ain't worth a pissing contest (and you'd loose anyway, by sheer scale alone)
if you hadnt included that part,  i just might've agreed with you and called it a draw. but with that you show that you really are trying to overcompensate for something by trying to be a megalomaniac on teh internetz.

so. Challenge accepted. And i can win that pissing match easily. How? I'm the server admin. I can do whatever the **** i want with the minecraft world. And, as you said, only the final appearance and scale matter, so what does it matter if i use any other tools, eh?
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Sorry, I should have been more clear. One of two scenarios occur: either I can't connect at all and I get an internal socket exception/time out error thing, or I connect and spawn... with no terrain. I fall down eternally into the void, surrounded by the weird things in the air down at that level... and then I time out. It's so annoying! So yeah, I'm sure I've got the IP right, just... weird things happening.

Ah, so, exactly the same problems I have during most hours of the day. Gotcha. :p Have you tried connecting at various other times throughout the day? With me, I generally can't connect until around 1am local (GMT +2), so perhaps try at a time when there's minimal internet activity in your area?
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

it means that you're a ****wad who cant accept when he lost anything, continues to argue against literal walls, cannot ever admit that he is wrong, and really, the list goes on.[/quote]

My, my...touchy, aren't we?

Exactly what have I lost according to you?

if you hadnt included that part,  i just might've agreed with you and called it a draw. but with that you show that you really are trying to overcompensate for something by trying to be a megalomaniac on teh internetz.

Dude..the God-Emprah is a roleplaying act. A joke. So is the Tower of E-peen and everything else.
The "overcompensate" jokes have been old a century ago. They are even older now.

so. Challenge accepted. And i can win that pissing match easily. How? I'm the server admin. I can do whatever the **** i want with the minecraft world. And, as you said, only the final appearance and scale matter, so what does it matter if i use any other tools, eh?

You mean tools others don't have access too?
Hmm..glad to know that admin power didn't inflate your ego beyond all measure....no, wait!

Really... :rolleyes:

Meh...it ain't worth the hassle.
You win.
All hail Peceni. You e-peen is the biggest, your walls the pretiest, yadda, yadda, yaddaa.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Now, for actually interesting news:

- massive, massive mine/cave system. Easily bigger then the one I stumbled upon in OLD TrashMania. Several of us went exploring and got lost.

I've been placing signs, glowstone markers and drilling exits straight to the surface, as still people couldn't find an exit (they couldn't even find glowstone markers).
We must have destroyed a dozen spawners and raided two dozen chests... and there plenty more down apprently.

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance
Now, for actually interesting news:

- massive, massive mine/cave system. Easily bigger then the one I stumbled upon in OLD TrashMania. Several of us went exploring and got lost.

I've been placing signs, glowstone markers and drilling exits straight to the surface, as still people couldn't find an exit (they couldn't even find glowstone markers).
We must have destroyed a dozen spawners and raided two dozen chests... and there plenty more down apprently.

Sounds kind of like the cave system I found on my single player map.

BTW, I have a predicament. I am in the aforementioned cave and I have found a pile of gravel. It appears that if I go over the pile of gravel I can go one way, where there is LOADS of iron ore but there are also creepers en masse. However, it also appears that if I were to dig through the pile of gravel or blow it up, I could take a completely different route. What should I do?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Make bow and arrows, go shoot up some creepers.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance

I already have a bow and a stack of arrows. They wouldn't hit. I don't know if the creepers are out of range or if there is something in the way.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Make the 3 massive cave system...they maybe even connect.

I've been drillin and blastin a bit more.

A stone pillar with a glowstone on top marks a direct entrance/exit. The main entrances are in the center of hollowed out mountains, right behind my palace gates.

You can see the crater that leads to the caves (and bedrock) at the bottom of the screen. The other mountain, that's behind this one (and isn't fully blown apart) also has a similar shaft going down.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 11:37:58 am by TrashMan »

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

Entrances marked...one entrance is within one of the towers and is not marked.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Server down :(

Yeah it seems that way to me too, Dynmap shows me as logged in but I got End of Stream problems and Can't Reach Server. Hope it's fixed soon!

EDIT: Functions again, small rollback. Had to re-save a few trees i saved earlier from accidental fire, but all is solved now ;)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 04:59:25 pm by JCDNWarrior »
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
I'l. Tru testaring it, bt I'm drink atm, so might bor waor
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
You are drinking or you are drunk? :rolleyes:

I already have a bow and a stack of arrows. They wouldn't hit. I don't know if the creepers are out of range or if there is something in the way.
Are you sure you're drawing your bow to full string? If so, I'd try going around or from above 'drown' them in sand/gravel or something.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'l. Tru testaring it, bt I'm drink atm, so might bor waor
Fantastic. :D

The server being down gave me the excuse to load my SP map for a while.  I decided to fill out a bit more of the blank areas on my map by heading out from my house, and as it turns out, there was a small NPC village right on the other side of some grassland.  There weren't any chests or anything, but it made for excellent sleeping accommodations if nothing else.  I wound up spending another night in a dirt dugout, but I wound up almost dying when I woke up; I think what happened is that the bed was too close to the roof, so I almost suffocated when I tried to get out of it.  Yeesh.  Unfortunately, when I finally made it back to my house, I started experiencing some of the same goofy mob attacks when I was trying to sleep, despite my setting up the bed in the same position it had been in the middle of the room, and there being no physical way of anything getting in.  I just said screw it and quit at that point.