Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 580428 times)

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Speaking of, Swantz, I know you took care of most of your line, but there seems to be one spot that's still being skipped.  When I took it from town, I was automatically sent out to Trashmania/JC's, skipping the transfer to the northern line.  I would have fixed it myself, but I didn't have any of the materials on-hand.

I had a look at that, but I can't figure out why its being skipped. Tried removing the signs under the rail that the plugin uses, but the station still gets skipped >.<

Also:
It's been a week now and the chunk errors still arn't fixed. Is there a problem with the backups?
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
It's been a week now and the chunk errors still arn't fixed. Is there a problem with the backups?

Maybe, just maybe, qaz has a life and his job is not to wait on you hand and foot? Just a concept, I know it must be hard to understand, took me a while too, but there is a world outside the server and most of us (well, the others anyway) participate in it.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
A world outside of Minecraft?
How does world outside
"No"

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Maybe, just maybe, qaz has a life and his job is not to wait on you hand and foot? Just a concept, I know it must be hard to understand, took me a while too, but there is a world outside the server and most of us (well, the others anyway) participate in it.

<.< you wouldn't be so patient if there was large gaping holes in the fenris.
When Australia burned.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
Build elsewhere...
Problem solved
"No"

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Build elsewhere...
Problem solved

Ok, but only if you blow up half your base and all your supplies with TNT then move to a new place first :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 07:02:30 am by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

Offline rev_posix

• Administrator
  • I have the password to your shell account...
    • Trials and Tribulations
How does world outside
I hear the world outside has some great shading mods for lots of eye candy, but the current economy plugin on the multiplayer side sucks.  :P
--
POSIX is fine, as is Rev or RP

"Although generally it is considered a no no to disagree with a mod since it's pretty much equivalent to kicking an unpaid janitor in the nuts while he's busy cleaning up somebody elses vomit and then telling them how bad they are at cleaning it up cause you can smell it down the hall." - Dennis, Home Improvement Moderator @ DSL Reports

"wow, some people are thick and clearly can't think for themselves - the solution is to remove warning labels from poisons."

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
How does world outside
I hear the world outside has some great shading mods for lots of eye candy, but the current economy plugin on the multiplayer side sucks.  :P

I've heard it's like BuildCraft and Millenaire......Just not as good.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
Build elsewhere...
Problem solved

Ok, but only if you blow up half your base and all your supplies with TNT then move to a new place first :)

You're being lazy and creating roadblocks for yourself. Get more supplies, build a new project
When the chunk errors are fixed, resume what you were doing before

So please, shutup already and fix your own problem WITH USE OF ALTERNATIVE SOLUTIONS instead of constantly nagging about it
"No"

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I usually have a few things started at any one point, so if I can't work on one, or simply am not in the mood for a particular kind of building (I only have limited tolerance for working underwater before I get bored, for example), I can go work on a different one.

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
So please, shutup already and fix your own problem WITH USE OF ALTERNATIVE SOLUTIONS instead of constantly nagging about it

Or you could just keep your nose out of business that has nothing to do with you ;)

However I had presumed that chunk errors across the entire map would be the servers problem, not mine. Unless you are suggesting that I somehow caused that.

EDIT: As sammich reminded me, I'd be happy to make a donation to defer some of the server costs, *if* chunks and biomes get fixed (biomes may not be possible atm though, we will see)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 09:13:49 am by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft

Or you could just keep your nose out of business that has nothing to do with you ;)

However I had presumed that chunk errors across the entire map would be the servers problem, not mine. Unless you are suggesting that I somehow caused that.

EDIT: As sammich reminded me, I'd be happy to make a donation to defer some of the server costs, *if* chunks and biomes get fixed (biomes may not be possible atm though, we will see)

Someone provides you with a solution to keep yourself busy while the situation remedies, and then you just tell him to gtfo.
"No"

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Always so much tension within the thread. Can we not all just bask in the cubic glory that is the fenris and love the creeper?
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Geez guys, take chill-pills. Grimper has every reason to desire that his hard work be restored. He also needs to acknowledge that neither he - nor any of us - actually have any real "rights" on the server - regardless of whether we've donated or not. This ain't a political campaign, and donors don't have more of a say in determining what the recipient does or doesn't do with the money (read: time) they have. Qaz is maintaining the server on his own bill, regardless of our contributions - and if he desires to shut everything down at a moment's notice, he certainly has every right to do so.

Requests are fine; repeated requests are ok if a decent interval has passed between them; constant requests & demands are not ok.

Understand this: Minecraft != life. Life takes precedence to video games, especially for those of us who have serious responsibilities, such as a job, a family to feed, etc. I spoke with Qaz the other day, and he doesn't sound like a responsibility-free teenager, but a grown man with all that entails.

So: the chunk errors are a known problem, affecting the server as a whole (although yes, affecting some of us more than others). Qaz will get to fixing them when the time is right for his life, his priorities - not ours. Since he is providing this server to us at HLP, we certainly can - and should - speak with him about any related issues; it's his choice to maintain this thing that inevitably comes with maintenance issues, after all. But let's be somewhat mature about things here - tell him what the problem is, and stop griping about it... recognize that he'll try to get to it when he can.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Qaz is fuxing issues as we speak. Server down during mantainance.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I hope there's more "fixing" than "fuxing" going on. :p

(Crap, I wonder if he knew about the error at headdie's old place that I ran into yesterday...)

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
which old place lol, i got about 4 i think
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
I mainly focused on JC's, Grimper's and spawn, also updated a couple of plugins and updated to latest craftbukkit.
Probably missed a bit, so feel free to complain :P
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
which old place lol, i got about 4 i think
It was your one right near spawn/town, so qaz might have flagged it down.  I was trying to cut through there the other day and opened a door to f ind a whole lot of nothing. :p

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
ahhh my first one, not been back there for ages, I aught to make the trek one day, the top of that place hits the game ceiling and I think the mine under it hits bedrock
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art