Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 580540 times)

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
I have come to realise that I spent £14 on a game that refuses to utilize my duel processors, despite using Optifine MultiCore.

It only really uses them for the initial world load and will not improve FPS. They tell you that right on their download link.

On top of that, if you are getting 40+ fps you don't want it to use those other cores. That's wasted power and heat, considering MC is still unoptimized as all hell and would burn multible cores to full and barely use what it takes.

Also, its Dual Core... There is a difference since there are computers with multible CPUs.

I stand corrected and feel like a right pillock.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Lester

Out of curiosity, Pece, do you plan to start a whole new world or continue where we stopped before necrogami took the thing over?

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
Out of curiosity, Pece, do you plan to start a whole new world or continue where we stopped before necrogami took the thing over?
depends on what you people want. i can also do both.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I'm good with either or

I mean, I spent a whole lot of time finding materials, and barely any of that time actually building anything of worth
Only to realize, I didn't have enough materials anyways... so I ended up having to mine for more stuff...

Screw Minecraft. I just want the Craft part and I'm good to go
"No"

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I mean, I spent a whole lot of time finding materials, and barely any of that time actually building anything of worth
Only to realize, I didn't have enough materials anyways... so I ended up having to mine for more stuff...

Makes me wonder if there are people out there who would be fine with things the other way around - mining all day with nothing to show for all the work. :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'm honestly a bit closer to that myself, I think. :p I don't have many/any huge ideas that I want to build, but I do love the whole process of exploring the world, finding new terrain, and delving through caves.  Granted, doing something like full-fledged mining can get a bit tedious, but there's something inherently fun about discovering new uber-caves or crazy landscape features.

And hey, you think modded rails are fast?  Check out this insanity.  I kind of want to try it out for myself.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
And hey, you think modded rails are fast?  Check out this insanity.  I kind of want to try it out for myself.

Already built one like that behind (starboard) Fenris; don't recall if I left it there, though.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft

Makes me wonder if there are people out there who would be fine with things the other way around - mining all day with nothing to show for all the work. :p

It was actually a part of an argument I had with a Co-host a year back. We were at a difference between what was the point in Minecraft (I was building willy nilly, and provided those who felt the same the ability to do so, he restricted them so they had to mine for their own stuff even if they didn't want to). He pointed out the title "It says Minecraft, not craft. That's the point in the game". Alright, fair point, but here's something for you "Take away Mine, and you get Craft. Crafting is still lots of fun, take Lego for example. Sure, you need to buy your things, but it's all about the crafting of ships with the stuff you've got. Now, take away Craft. You've got Mine. What can you do with Mine? You... mine. Then you mine some more... and then you keep mining. Craft gives you lots of stuff, Mine gives you very little. So, I give Minecraft to those who want to do both, and I give Craft to those who just want that. What's so wrong with that?" to which he replies "I don't want mega structures everywhere"

He also didn't like someone building the Church of Unitology saying "I don't want any religion on my server". It's not a real religion "I don't care I don't want it"

Safe to say I hijacked it for the benefit of the people actually on the server (I was hosting it to begin with, and asked the people playing it beforehand. I'd never hijack a server without just cause and support from the people playing on it [**** you Necro, ****... you])

That's my rant after being reminded about it

Also, that bullet. Damn fool
I like the guys voice too. It's a change from the obnoxious and ear bleeding children who normally do it
"No"

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
I'd never hijack a server without just cause and support from the people playing on it [**** you Necro, ****... you])
i'm kindly asking you to not do this. i hold no more ill will to necro.

if you want to help, you can help monetarily, or by snooping for some good deals on ebay/amazon/whatever site.

doing this will help. badmouthing necro for what was done wont.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
At least the way I see it, if the building side of things is all you're really into, then you'd probably want to lean towards a server where everyone gets creative powers handed out.  However, if you are in a survival-only setting, you kind of have to tailor your construction activities to the limitations of that format.  I don't want to sound like I'm picking on you or anything, but I was sort of surprised to see that you were using pine wood for all the walls/floor of your structure, since pine trees are a bit more of a pain to farm on a larger scale.  If you had your heart set on going all-wood, normal oak trees would have been a better choice on Survival, since you can really mash those farms together.  Building a decent chunk of it out of wood planks, or even stone, would have helped matters too.

Wooo, finally found a stronghold in my SP map, after I managed to scrape together a few Ender Pearls.  The Eyes of Ender were originally leading me in a completely-different direction, probably to a place where there wasn't even one in this version of the game, so I was pleasantly surprised when the new location turned out to be right next to a desert where I'd been attempting to hunt Endermen.  Strongholds are really goofy structures, especially when they form partially inside an underground ravine.

I really prefer the whole experience, searching for spots, mining, crafting, creating/building. I wish others were as patient though. The current method seems to be the best - there's storehouses for rare stuff if you can't delve too far, though their supply is still limited.

Also I work on pine trees a lot lately, its not really hard, just tedious for large numbers. If you got a sufficient amount of space, such as a large piece of flat land you could put up 4 trees and just chop down each, regrow, while switching to the next, with bonemeal.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Qaz, when oyu get around to it.....the right wall of hte city needs doing. The city is growing fast...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Qaz, when oyu get around to it.....the right wall of hte city needs doing. The city is growing fast...
You have creative, you can do it yourself. I'm too busy with schoolwork  to play minecraft at the moment.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
So I've been looking around at various things to tinker with Minecraft, and I've come across two very nice ones.

First up is MoreCreative mod. It adds catagory tabs and a search bar to the creative inv, as well as access to your normal inv. (R and E, respectively) It also adds a few more options, but before you get your hopes up they only work on a server if you have permission. The creative/survival toggle does work on single player.

The second, and possibly much better, is not actually a mod. Its a launcher.

Magic Launcher gives you the ability to set custom Minecraft file locations, RAM limits, java version, start up window sizes, chose what jar file you want IN that file location, as well as both internal (optifine, minimap, etc) and external (modloader) mods. Then it lets you assign these to profiles to chose from the main page. Oh, and since you log in, it can be used with online servers.

The best part? It doesn't actually modify the jar to apply these mods. No more cut and paste, no more MC patcher, no more opening the jar and inserting/deleting files. Just a checklist.

Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
At least the way I see it, if the building side of things is all you're really into, then you'd probably want to lean towards a server where everyone gets creative powers handed out.  However, if you are in a survival-only setting, you kind of have to tailor your construction activities to the limitations of that format.  I don't want to sound like I'm picking on you or anything, but I was sort of surprised to see that you were using pine wood for all the walls/floor of your structure, since pine trees are a bit more of a pain to farm on a larger scale.  If you had your heart set on going all-wood, normal oak trees would have been a better choice on Survival, since you can really mash those farms together.  Building a decent chunk of it out of wood planks, or even stone, would have helped matters too.

Pine wood looks better, and it was the very idea of it taking ages to get that was originally why I wanted to do it. Afterall, everyone settles for the easier to get so I decided I should make the effort to do something else

Didn't work out...
That and I did do the survival thing. I carved the inside of that island out, and made a bunker
In the end, I didn't want to join a creative server I found randomly elsewhere. I wanted to be a part of HLP's server
"No"

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'm not even sure what's going on in that second thing, Kyad, but it looks crazy enough to be awesome.

In the end, I didn't want to join a creative server I found randomly elsewhere. I wanted to be a part of HLP's server
Well, once qaz climbs out from under his pile of schoolwork, why not talk to him about it?  A few people on the server have creative enabled, so if that's the way you really want to play, you could probably work something out.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken