Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 580512 times)

I thought I'd throw together a quick map of the nether.  I've marked all the tracks, portals and paths I know about.  Portals named where my memory does not fail me.  :D

Blue lines:  Tracks with footpath underneath or above.
White Lines: Footpaths
Red Lines: Tracks without dedicated footpaths but may still be traversed by foot.
Green line: Path to Blaze Farm.

Portal exit locations:

1:  Spirit temple (town)
2:  Fenris
3:  "Forest" temple (A bit west from Fenris)
4:  "Westlands"  (Even further west)
5:  Floating Island
6:  Grimper's House
7:
8:  Snowball generator (Portal at Blaze Farm)
9:  funtapaz's "northern" (now western) outpost
10:  Mongoose's place
11:  HoundofDarkness' far south outpost
12:
14: Skyrail

I'll try and get on soon to fill in the blanks.

EDIT: Thanks Mongoose

[attachment deleted by ninja]
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 04:59:38 am by butter_pat_head »
Find me as Hojo Norem elsewhere...

butter_pat_head... a name picked in sheer desperation more than 10 years ago from some super obscure Red Dwarf reference.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
If I have my bearings right, 9 and 10 should be funtapaz's "northern" (now western) outpost and my place, respectively.

Oh, and I know qaz said he was busy with school stuff, but I sent him a PM about the griefing, just in case.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
OMGENDERCHESTS.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
And emeralds and trading with villagers and pyramids in deserts and holy crap how much more stuff can they add in this update.

OMGENDERCHESTS.

So, the first time I read that, it was, "OMG!  Ender Chests!"  The second time I read it, it was, [Takei]Oh my....  Gender Chests[/Takei].

What the hell is a gender chest?  Is it a chest with gender?  How does a chest have gender?  Why would you make a chest with gender?  Alternatively, does it store gender?  If so, again, how and why?  Moreover, why is this something that sounds, in my head, so natural in George Takei's voice?

You know what?  Nevermind.  I'm just going to go pop an aneurysm to relieve some of the pressure on my brain.

What the hell is a gender chest?  Is it a chest with gender?  How does a chest have gender?  Why would you make a chest with gender?

Well when two Mimics love each other . . .

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
More progress ^_^

Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
That is...a lot of blocks.

I could use a bit of conceptual help with something I've been working on.  I've been putting in a small sand elevator at my house, to serve as a dumbwaiter between the dining room and kitchen, following this design by the awesome Sethbling.  I have up to the second stage of the video working for both directions; I can place a redstone torch and have the whole elevator move up or down successfully.  I know that I can also connect a short pulse extender to either side, as seen in the video, to complete the whole motion.  Where I'm stuck is how to actually trigger it.  What I'd like to have happen is press a button (possibly one of two buttons; I'd just have them both lead to the same wire) to trigger one direction of travel, then press the same button a second time to trigger another.  I browsed through the wiki atricles on redstone and piston circuits, but I couldn't really figure out which structure would switch between two separate outputs on consecutive inputs.  If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Sounds like a job for a memory bit, Mongoose.  When the button is pushed, check to see if the memory bit is on or off.  If it's on, then the circuit to move the elevator up is triggered, and if the bit is off, the circuit to move the elevator down is triggered.  Either way, toggle the memory bit (AFTER THE CHECK HAS BEEN MADE!), so that the next time the check is made, the elevator goes in the other direction.

I used RS NOR latches as the memory bits in the combination lock in my underwater domes.  They're easy to set up, and with a little bit of testing, their function is pretty easy to figure out too.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Ah, that makes sense.  I'll build one of those and try fooling around with it, then.

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Don't suppose we could get a co-admin for the server...like sammich or someone. We're getting increased incidents of griefing and theres no one around to stop it or reverse the damage >.<
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I was just about to come in here and see if Kyad was around to lend a hand with the Fenris, or if qaz could give someone else creative to help out... :nervous:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I'll have to see if my place has been hit later.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
what the **** you doing breaking into my tower grimper.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Don't suppose we could get a co-admin for the server...like sammich or someone. We're getting increased incidents of griefing and theres no one around to stop it or reverse the damage >.<

I second the notion. The server could use someone to keep an eye out for things when qaz is away.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft

If it's your tower why did it have a sign on it saying that you disapprove of it's architectural style and risks a ban for the owner, and locking the front door on it to annoy said owner >.>
When Australia burned.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

If it's your tower why did it have a sign on it saying that you disapprove of it's architectural style and risks a ban for the owner, and locking the front door on it to annoy said owner >.>

Playful sarcasm perhaps?  But on a slightly more serious note, if I come across a locked door I usually take it as meaning "Private.  No entry without permission" and just leave it alone.  I wouldn't go breaking into any player made structure without that player's consent.
Find me as Hojo Norem elsewhere...

butter_pat_head... a name picked in sheer desperation more than 10 years ago from some super obscure Red Dwarf reference.

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
In this case though it's quite obvious whoever made it quit, coz if they had come back they would have made a new entrance into their home since qaz locked the main one. Plus that tower is the only entrance to the underwater domes, which used to be public domain since it had it's own rail station and everything..which is gone now since the rail system has been re-organized a couple of times.
When Australia burned.

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
In this case though it's quite obvious whoever made it quit, coz if they had come back they would have made a new entrance into their home since qaz locked the main one. Plus that tower is the only entrance to the underwater domes, which used to be public domain since it had it's own rail station and everything..which is gone now since the rail system has been re-organized a couple of times.

1: The tower is qaz's.
2: He locked it.
3: You're a dumbass. Why the hell would you go around breaking someone else's stuff? Used to be public and isn't anymore? Well then too bad. It's qaz's to fix, if he even wants to, not yours.

Be glad qaz is such a laid back guy, because if this was any other server I've seen you would have been banned already.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I don't get mad when people break into my places. I kind of expect it. I just get annoyed when they grief.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz