Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 576724 times)

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Cool.

Couple of things, firstly I am randomly creating a Lighthouses and waterways, initially between my houses and the valley then beyond, maybe build a dock near the Fenris or something.

Secondly if anyone finds themselves near my houses feel free to enter, take shelter and dig for resources use the benches, whatever, just leave them where you find them.  Atm I am in a nomadic phase and will probably settle elsewhere.  Just beware that there is a lot of lava at the bottom of the second houses mine.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

What I find most amusing is that the destructive power of TNT outstrips the combined number of blocks destroyed by the top 6 players :P

Must....overtake....TNT....

[edit] In the three hours between making this post and now, my keypad lock went from working to completely disabled.  :blah: [/edit]
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 07:23:16 pm by BlueFlames »

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Haha, Fire beat me! Guess I've been distracted for waaay too long. :lol: No worries, I play games in phases. My next Minecraft phase is probably going to be very long.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I'm sixth among actual players. I guess I'm not a very destructive guy.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Shame on the top 4 for destroying more than they create. :lol:

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Considering I've only been on the server for a week and a half or so, and most of that time has been spent trying to figure out the Java connection problems, I'm pretty pleased with my rankings. :p

Everyone except for hunternclark has destroyed more than they've created. Makes me wonder how hunternclark does it...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 06:09:35 am by Sandwich »
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Considering I've only been on the server for a week and a half or so, and most of that time has been spent trying to figure out the Java connection problems, I'm pretty pleased with my rankings. :p

Everyone except for hunternclark has destroyed more than they've created. Makes me wonder how hunternclark does it...

probably hits sheep and builds using the wool
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Except in the case of building solely with mob drops and wood, you have to destroy more than you build.  You have to mine resources to build with and on top of that, additional resources to build the tools to do your mining with (or anything else you may decide to craft).  What's more, when you give someone else materials that you mined for him/her to build with, you get credited with destruction, while the other player gets credit for creation.  That means that the five large chests of cobble that I provided for the Fenris are ~24,000 blocks destroyed that I won't be adding back into my creation total, unless I become heavily involved in that project.

Personally, I think Notch is a comic book supervillian, who is trying to convince us, at a subconscious level, that we must destroy the world in order to create his utopia.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Wood.

1 wood block from a tree = 4 wood plank blocks. You just  got credited 3 blocks for creation if you place them.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Note: Logblock wasn't installed from the start, it's more than possible that some people had a rediculo-giganto-mongous stash of cobble or whatever.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline HoundofDarkness

• Guardian of The Catacombs, Receiver of Tolls

He uses the free cobblestone I supply from the chest outside of The Catacombs.
Mankind, a cesspit of hatred and lies! - Castlevania, Dracula

Offline HoundofDarkness

• Guardian of The Catacombs, Receiver of Tolls

And to defend myself, when you live underground destruction is the same as creation. :P
Mankind, a cesspit of hatred and lies! - Castlevania, Dracula

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Someone remind me to bake a cacke for visitors to my tower and house....
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR

Except in the case of building solely with mob drops and wood, you have to destroy more than you build.  You have to mine resources to build with and on top of that, additional resources to build the tools to do your mining with (or anything else you may decide to craft).  What's more, when you give someone else materials that you mined for him/her to build with, you get credited with destruction, while the other player gets credit for creation.  That means that the five large chests of cobble that I provided for the Fenris are ~24,000 blocks destroyed that I won't be adding back into my creation total, unless I become heavily involved in that project.

Personally, I think Notch is a comic book supervillian, who is trying to convince us, at a subconscious level, that we must destroy the world in order to create his utopia.
Apparently my castle didn't quite net me enough created blocks, because I've been mining a lot. :P

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Anyone tried Industrialcraft?

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
I may join the server when 1.7 hits. Mostly because Pistons are going to be utterly awesome >.>
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Anyone tried Industrialcraft?
Regular Minecraft is quite complicated as it is for me. Every time I try a mod that adds new stuff I have no idea what to do. :lol:

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Speaking of which, are there any Redstone gurus on the Hard Light servers? I'd really like to be shown the ropes with regards to using it (I've never done anything other than putting switches far away from the object affected)
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline rhx123

BlueFlames wins the award for the most complicated redstone device (3 button lock) so I'd say ask him.

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
A few screenies of my most recent achievement on the server, It is an arch into a little cove I have started making my own

If you want to find it look at the end of the aborted mincart track heading SE from the vally/town station