Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 580227 times)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I just spent the last 2 nights spelunking a cave system I encountered at diamond level below my house. I'd dug down, intending to start a branch mine to get resources for a rail system to my house, and 10 blocks into the second tunnel I encountered a lava lake. Out came the water bucket, and the lake was now obsidian! It also connected me to this massive cave system. I found something like 12 stacks of coal, 8 of redstone, 4 of iron, a half-stack of gold, and a whopping 3 diamonds.  :blah:

Once fully explored, I resumed my branch mine tunnels. 30 minutes and 5 tunnels later, and I had found ~15 diamonds. :rolleyes: :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
I just spent the last 2 nights spelunking a cave system I encountered at diamond level below my house. I'd dug down, intending to start a branch mine to get resources for a rail system to my house, and 10 blocks into the second tunnel I encountered a lava lake. Out came the water bucket, and the lake was now obsidian! It also connected me to this massive cave system. I found something like 12 stacks of coal, 8 of redstone, 4 of iron, a half-stack of gold, and a whopping 3 diamonds.  :blah:

Once fully explored, I resumed my branch mine tunnels. 30 minutes and 5 tunnels later, and I had found ~15 diamonds. :rolleyes: :p

I'm in the process of creating a stairmine at Ravenwatch manor, with the intention of branch mining from it - I hope I get that lucky.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
I abandoned my old home completely, as it was in a terrible spot with nothing interesting around it. So if anyone finds a rectangular, two-storey fort with no doors, feel free to mine your way in and help yourself to anything that's left there.

Also I accidentally a lavafall, thus setting my two dogs on fire. :(
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Jachilles

Hello all! Been pointed this way by Ravenholme. :P I love Minecraft and the possibility of joining a good server is one ill jump at!

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
flipside, catch me on skype when  you get on.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Hello all! Been pointed this way by Ravenholme. :P I love Minecraft and the possibility of joining a good server is one ill jump at!

Ahh, but have you at least played Freespace 1/2? :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I abandoned my old home completely, as it was in a terrible spot with nothing interesting around it. So if anyone finds a rectangular, two-storey fort with no doors, feel free to mine your way in and help yourself to anything that's left there.

The Emperor resents that remark.

Also, anyone seen Blue Flames? Haven't seen him on-line in the past few days.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline -Sara-

Didn't the great emperor see everything? :P
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)

Ahh, but have you at least played Freespace 1/2? :p

He should have, I've been telling him to for long enough :p
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Who built that little wooden shack under my rail to the southwest of the fenris? I've always wondered.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline -Sara-

Screenshot? Says more than a 1000 words, maybe someone knows then.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I may have been a tad busy in the past few hours:

Also, for some reason it isnt as hard to find my house as it used to be...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 04:55:15 pm by KyadCK »
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
I dont know why but i think i would have to agree with you
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Didn't the great emperor see everything? :P

Oh I do. But I have to give you all an illusion of being usefull.
By pretending to need your services, I grant you the opportunity to earn glory and favor.

NOTE TO SELF: Install more CCTV cammeras.

ADDENDUM: put netherrack all over the great wall.

ADDENDUM2: rapid-fire fire arrow launchers for the titans guns. Hmmm...if I put a mob spawner inside the gun I could launch creepers! Get a research team on that ASAP.

ADDENDUM3: Don't make mental notes to self while speaking to the public. Also, call in MIB units to "fix" this.

*FLASH*

It was just swamp gas.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Very nice Kyad.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft

The Emperor resents that remark.

*snip*

I meant interesting in terms of the natural landscape. Of course TrashMania looked grand off in the distance.
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
If any one wants to blow something up there's a failed mob trap (merely a large rectangular tower) above my house that could be demolished.  I don't think I have the TNT for it myself and I lack the ambition to do it by hand.  Also, feel free to use my nether portal (in the building with the four nethrack "spikes"), but be warned it is one-way to the central gate.
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
I may have been a tad busy in the past few hours:

Also, for some reason it isnt as hard to find my house as it used to be...
I ****ING LOVE IT.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
That place looks eerily familiar... where is that?

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
That'd be my once hidden home behind Shade's place. besides the towers there is also the massive sugarcane lake (part of which is seen at the bottom).

<Maze> - <Shade's House> - <My House> for general directions, though it should be visable from some point of the rail.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them