Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 577949 times)

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance

I dunno... should I explore it? It looks scary as hell.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR

That looks damn cool! Like you're gaping into another world... filled with pigs! :lol: Before exploring be sure to prepare lots of wood for extra tools and torches, that's what I would do.
Or you can use Rei's minimap to find slimes:

Easier, and you get a cool minimap.
How do get rid of the hotkeys for the minimap? Like 'm' for example so I can actually type it in the chatbox.

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Well, in SMP, if the chat box is active, the hotkeys are not. To disable the "key is 'M'" thing top right, M -> minimap options -> Show MenuKey -> disable. If you mean change the key entirely, then M -> keyconfig.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
Where is Trashmania.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Where is Trashmania.
There it is! Big map. Needed spawn for reference and I zoomed out as far as I could.

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
Thanks. Just realised just how big the map is. Woah. (not from that image, from panning around dynamap)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I like that my work so far no longer looks like a random tan rectangle on the map.  Now it's a random gray rectangle!

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Thanks. Just realised just how big the map is. Woah. (not from that image, from panning around dynamap)
It's over 800MB in size and over 40km^2 in area.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
I start in my mine (a 43*21*14 rectanglular hole with shafts leading down the shorter side) and I want to dig a tunnel to trashmania. I start digging a little diagonal tunnel and end up hitting some cobble, I suspect it could be a dungeon or someone's mine. I figure I can replace it so I dig a hole in it and find myself in a room with a staircase leading down it and concealed behind a lava fall. I shore up my hole, and dig my tunnel around it before continuing. I continue on and after a while I end up in a huge tunnel which looks like it was mined by TNT at bedrock level (I assume it's Sara's), I take a little look down it before getting attacked by a huge slime I can't even hit, after a time I dodge past it and get back to my tunnel. I decide there's probably more likely to be more mines near bedrock (where my tunnel is) so I go up and over Sara's tunnel. I dig a bit further then I hit a massive TNT cavern.
For goodness sake, how much stuff is down here!! I'm just trying to dig a tiny 2 wide (diagonal, 1 wide when straight) underground path with a 2m roof and it can't help but keep on hitting into other projects!

PS Why is this cavern so huge, it makes it hard to circumvent!
PSS ran into 4 more mines and a mushroom farm. Barely half way there.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 04:12:54 am by Killer Whale »

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
random thought, it would be cool if you could use the dynamap to place navigation markers both by the admins for all and individual players for themselves

[/random musing]
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

I saw Sara's cave system too, thanks to Trashman I have a shortcut into these enourmous halls. I personally put up a big cave to a secondary project I ran into - a beautiful mountain and a small valley. Couldn't help myself but wanting to build a castle there but it means I have to lower the surroundings massively to make it look much more imposing than it does now. Worked all evening on one side, but I already know that I need Qaz to fix the terrain around it so I don't get RSI from all the block smashing. I have to work another eight hours with a mouse at work every day yknow ;).

My keep looks much better now, though I still need to fix some things. Also need some help with interior design cause it looks pretty empty.

Man I love this game. To realize Skyrim's around the corner and suddenly i'm happy even if it were delayed by three months. ;)
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Where is Trashmania.
There it is! Big map. Needed spawn for reference and I zoomed out as far as I could.

FYI - Trashmania extends from that thing below the "s" in Spawn Point all the way down to that wooden pirate ship.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
No one is ever gonna find slimes :(

Normal hostile mob spawns are screwed up as is, and slimes are far more rare. Gonna have to fix the issue we have atm before we can find any of them.
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I start in my mine (a 43*21*14 rectanglular hole with shafts leading down the shorter side) and I want to dig a tunnel to trashmania. I start digging a little diagonal tunnel and end up hitting some cobble, I suspect it could be a dungeon or someone's mine. I figure I can replace it so I dig a hole in it and find myself in a room with a staircase leading down it and concealed behind a lava fall. I shore up my hole, and dig my tunnel around it before continuing. I continue on and after a while I end up in a huge tunnel which looks like it was mined by TNT at bedrock level (I assume it's Sara's), I take a little look down it before getting attacked by a huge slime I can't even hit, after a time I dodge past it and get back to my tunnel. I decide there's probably more likely to be more mines near bedrock (where my tunnel is) so I go up and over Sara's tunnel. I dig a bit further then I hit a massive TNT cavern.
For goodness sake, how much stuff is down here!! I'm just trying to dig a tiny 2 wide (diagonal, 1 wide when straight) underground path with a 2m roof and it can't help but keep on hitting into other projects!

PS Why is this cavern so huge, it makes it hard to circumvent!
PSS ran into 4 more mines and a mushroom farm. Barely half way there.
Sounds like you might have happened upon my 'secret' lair with the lava fall. That place is pretty near spawn so of course you'll run into many, many mines.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
No one is ever gonna find slimes :(

Normal hostile mob spawns are screwed up as is, and slimes are far more rare. Gonna have to fix the issue we have atm before we can find any of them.

What issue? Mobs work just fine, and I can even find slimes every now and again. Ask Trashman to share, I'm sure he'd love to by this point.

It's over 800MB in size and over 40km^2 in area.

Makes you wonder where it all is, because we certailny don't use 40km^2 worth of space. Damn our adventuring ways.  :p

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Build a mob trap and see what happens, or go check out mine. Trashmans place is the exception not the norm, he seems to be hogging all the mobs.
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Build a mob trap and see what happens, or go check out mine. Trashmans place is the exception not the norm, he seems to be hogging all the mobs.

So ask him to light up the area, it isn't his fault nor is the server erroring in any way. There is a mob limit, and most of those mobs are taken up by Trashman's area for reasons unknown, and a fair number (annoying squid included) are around the Fenris (Probably 10-15ish at the most at any given time. Add that to Trashman's 40+... lot of mobs). Also, remember that the chunk the trap is in needs to be active for it to work, meaning someone must be in the area.

Also, Fenris Station has a mob grinder (it would be that interesting glass + water + lava thing). It hasn't been 'active' in weeks (see: spawners were removed), but I still see a zombie come up every once and a while.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'd almost forgotten about this spectacular series of outcroppings and cliffs a mountain or two over from where I'm working.  It's probably a better spot for the idea I'm fooling around with, but it honestly looks so cool that I almost think it'd be a shame to mess up.  In any case, what I'm doing now is probably one of the first times in my life I've attempted something creative by plopping stuff down and seeing what happens.  I don't know if it'll come out anywhere remotely near decent, but if it does, I'll drag someone up to take a look.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
A few screen grabs near my new area of operation, in an area of the server generated since the 1.8 upgrade.

Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Am I the only one that doesn't like the 1.8+ hill generation code very much? They tend to be very steep and un-climbable, and IMO they shouldn't be in their own exclusive biome, either... there's nothing wrong with a mountainous desert, mountainous snow, etc... obviously some biomes are defined by their terrain (plains, swamps, oceans, etc), but others are more weather-related and should be able to be mountainous.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill