Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 577953 times)

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Best way to deal with endermen?

Best way to deal with multiple endermen?

floating buildings.

bright light seems to help

also they take damage from water

also read http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Enderman
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Oh wow.  Now those are mountains.

No kidding
I want

"No"

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance
Best way to deal with endermen?

Best way to deal with multiple endermen?

floating buildings.

bright light seems to help

also they take damage from water

also read http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Enderman

I meant like if I'm in a cave and he's being a douche and blocking my way to an important resource. Of course, you're right. I ought to bring a bucket of water with me next time. Maybe I should make a well near the entrance of the cave.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
If you've got a decent weapon (e.g. iron or diamond sword), Endermen aren't so tough. Just aim for the bottom part of 'em so they don't teleport away.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
"No"

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
So there was a bit of interesting "griefing" going on over the past day or two.  I was hearing a strange semi-repetitive thumping noise near my house that I at first thought was either an audio glitch or my speakers going on the fritz.  Turns out that someone had created a simple yet elegant redstone clock attached to a note block and buried it in a little tunneled-out area right next to the entrance of my mine.  They even went so far as to hide their entrance with smoothstone; the cobblestone they used to plug up the entryway inside was the only clue to how they'd come in.  Apparently a few other people had similar devices near their home bases; Grimper helped me find mine with the aid of some chunk error kung-fu.  Whoever did this was a pretty slick operator.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
So there was a bit of interesting "griefing" going on over the past day or two.  I was hearing a strange semi-repetitive thumping noise near my house that I at first thought was either an audio glitch or my speakers going on the fritz.  Turns out that someone had created a simple yet elegant redstone clock attached to a note block and buried it in a little tunneled-out area right next to the entrance of my mine.  They even went so far as to hide their entrance with smoothstone; the cobblestone they used to plug up the entryway inside was the only clue to how they'd come in.  Apparently a few other people had similar devices near their home bases; Grimper helped me find mine with the aid of some chunk error kung-fu.  Whoever did this was a pretty slick operator.
i immediately got reminded of this

XD
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I love that thing. :lol:

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
My cousins have been repeating that for so many times now I can even listen to it...

Anyway, what other places has this 'griefing' occurred. My places never seem to get griefed, 'cept for once by lightning. :rolleyes:

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Anyway, what other places has this 'griefing' occurred.

Actually, on my way back from JC's house (I was helping him find and eliminate another "ticker"), I heard another one somewhere around the castle with the burning netherrack wayposts, above and to the right of JC's place on the dynmap. I didn't have any chunk errors to help me find it though.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Anyway, what other places has this 'griefing' occurred.

Actually, on my way back from JC's house (I was helping him find and eliminate another "ticker"), I heard another one somewhere around the castle with the burning netherrack wayposts, above and to the right of JC's place on the dynmap. I didn't have any chunk errors to help me find it though.

Thanks for pointing out, I should look into that today. It's definitely creative and I suppose any activity is better than none (that's why we're on a multiplayer server ;) ) the whole chase for the, "ticker" cost me a lot of time.

So far having what i'm starting to call a 'Keep' (first thing i built) and a 'Fort' (the castle-like structure on the mountain further away), both will be worked on, and are connected by a tunnel system. I hope to have someone good with interior design to assist me with the Keep's interiors to make it look a lot more homely, and i'm thinking of ways to build very compact blacksmiths (where the craft box will be placed), a storehouse (probably) and other similar structures to make it all look more authentic. Plenty to do, that's for sure ;)
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Huh, so the mystery continues.  Whoever's there sure picked a cool spot to set up, though.

I was the first guy to find it and set up shop there, but apparently someone else got there too.

Offline -Sara-

For the testers among you: http://twitter.com/#!/notch/status/134618389040726016

Also: There is a food dispenser at the spawn road now. There've been a real load of "omg I'm starvingz!" comments from newcomers. This is a remedy for that.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline FlamingCobra

Pred, in your honest opinion, how many square feet/blocks should a castle cover in area?

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I generally find a suitable mountain/hill formation, start at the top and convert it into a fortress as I descend.  I find it works well since the mountain provides a descent amount of building material as I go and is protected from mobs.  As for size, it really depends on what you want to build, a simple block house, a motte and bailey or some giant fortress monastery or citadel.  I'd take a look at actual castles to get an idea for what you want to build.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Also: There is a food dispenser at the spawn road now. There've been a real load of "omg I'm starvingz!" comments from newcomers. This is a remedy for that.
That's definitely something that happened to me. While I was still running around, looking at all the cool stuff, there were two things I missed the most: food, and a minecart.
I ran across a few farms fortunately, and harvested (and replanted, of course) what wheat I could, but there were a few hungry moments out there. As to the minecart, I think I just ran everywhere until I found a nice place to build a mine.

Offline watsisname

Oh wow.  Now those are mountains.

No kidding
I want

Getting closer: http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/9039/20111109152517.png

Holy!  Where did you ever find even want to have such amazing get more like BLUE EYES WHITE SPARKLE DRAGON

* watsisname downloads this mod
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline FlamingCobra

This is what I've got so far.

What do you guys think?

Of course, the corners will have to be converted to towers of some kind. But I haven't gotten to that stage yet.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken