Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 577957 times)

I'm kinda annoyed that the server seems to be down for several hours now at the least. I really hope you'll make that switch to a more reliable hosting service cause it's pretty ridiculous to me, honestly. It's annoying in that I wanted to continue building, when the server's down it limits my abilities a lot in that regard.

Not meaning to be negative towards Qaz and RHX as I know it's not you guys fault. ^^
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline rhx123

I have been bugging qaz to move the server for a bit now,  but he has access to the Paypal with the money, and the world files on the VPS, whereas I dont.
The downtime and lag is getting ridiculous now but there is nothing I can do about it.
If i had access to the files I could atleast do a server move and sort the cost out in a bit, but I can't.
I will set a date for tuesday for the move, because we are more than ready to move (qaz has the money ready, I have found the best deal) but for some reason it still isn't happening.
I say it would take all of two hours to move the data and configure it properly.
I am proposing we try http://www.bestminecrafthosts.com/beastnode/, I was on them for a bit before, and they were good already, but since they have got a better connection, switched to SSD's, and we'd be having  much more RAM than before.
They have a 7 day money-back gaurnetee, so I see no reason why we can't try them out.

Alright, thanks for clearing that up RHX, though we discussed a bit of it earlier on MC. Again, not blaming anyone but the weird hosting service. I also think it's a good idea to try out Beastnode, obviously don't forget to back up the whole world before transferring ;)

I'm not very much aware of what host is better or best so I'll have to leave someone more informed to give a good opinion about it. SSD's and more RAM, with better connection is always good though.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Oh my god, I just lost half an hour of my life because of that link. :lol:

Offline Lester

Is it just me or does the experience system still not work on the server?

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
I have been bugging qaz to move the server for a bit now,  but he has access to the Paypal with the money, and the world files on the VPS, whereas I dont.
The downtime and lag is getting ridiculous now but there is nothing I can do about it.
If i had access to the files I could atleast do a server move and sort the cost out in a bit, but I can't.
I will set a date for tuesday for the move, because we are more than ready to move (qaz has the money ready, I have found the best deal) but for some reason it still isn't happening.
I say it would take all of two hours to move the data and configure it properly.
I am proposing we try http://www.bestminecrafthosts.com/beastnode/, I was on them for a bit before, and they were good already, but since they have got a better connection, switched to SSD's, and we'd be having  much more RAM than before.
They have a 7 day money-back gaurnetee, so I see no reason why we can't try them out.
Sorta liek, oxford intervew breh. :P
So yeah, tuesday? I'll transfer the world files directly, no point downloading them then re-uploading them if I can just upload them from the VPS with the decent bandwith it has (it's about 1GB now just for world files). If beastnode don't provide SQL, we can still use the VPS one and transmit over the internet. Might also produce tectonicus render on it and just use the VPS for webhosting and SQL.
I have a driving lesson from 2 till 4 though, so when do you want to do it?
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft

Come to think of... I haven't seen any enemies drop experience on Pecs
"No"

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page

fixed. leftover plugin from 1.8.1, where orbs were useless. sorry bout that.

soooo, qaz, this is server move number what now?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 03:30:55 pm by pecenipicek »
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline rhx123

So yeah, tuesday? I'll transfer the world files directly, no point downloading them then re-uploading them if I can just upload them from the VPS with the decent bandwith it has (it's about 1GB now just for world files). If beastnode don't provide SQL, we can still use the VPS one and transmit over the internet. Might also produce tectonicus render on it and just use the VPS for webhosting and SQL.
I have a driving lesson from 2 till 4 though, so when do you want to do it?
Beastnode do supply SQL for free.
Dynmap is also supported, but you have to submit a support ticket and they will open a port.
https://www.beastnode.com/portal/knowledgebase/38/How-to-Use-MySQL-Workbench-to-Edit-Your-Database.html

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft

fixed. leftover plugin from 1.8.1, where orbs were useless. sorry bout that.

eight bazillion and three, constantly looking for best performance for our faithful users :D </marketing speak>
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
*gobbles up marketing speak like a true fanboy sheep*
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline rhx123

Lets see.
1st move was from Hosted Locally to Brohoster (Increasing players)
2nd move was from Brohoster to gsverse (Brohoster went out of business)
3rd was from gsverse to Qaz's VPS (Tori government stopped my EMA)
Now this move is from Qaz's VPS to Beastnode, as for some reason the server keeps messing up big time for no reason.
Despite this we are still running on the original map from about a year ago. Never have reset it, or lost anything due to corruption. All moves have either been due to increasing players, or circumstances outside of anyone's control.

Edit:
Ninja'd?

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
You don't get EMA? Wht do I feel like a lucky, and rather smarmy, bastard right now as I bask in the £30 a week free money.  :pimp:
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken