Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 577923 times)

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Mother of God...
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline watsisname

**** the what? D:
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline HoundofDarkness

• Guardian of The Catacombs, Receiver of Tolls
System Initializing...
Loading CLI...
/dir program files/NDtravel
/run NDtravel.exe

-377, 16, 3509

-3020, 64, 28069

New Continent

/quit

/sendall "The tunnel is finished, I just need someone to do the rail lines.  Just send me a message."

[attachment deleted by ninja]
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 02:03:51 am by HoundofDarkness »
Mankind, a cesspit of hatred and lies! - Castlevania, Dracula

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
...you did it? You actually did it! :eek2:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Hmm..interesting.The server seems quieter lately.

I've only run into Sandwich and Hound.

Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
...you did it? You actually did it! :eek2:
Forgive me. but what, exactly, is so awe inspiring about a nether portal?
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Idunno, maybe that he has/made a program to create one?

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

Last week, I decided on a whim to find out just how large the ocean south of our continent was, so I went on a flyabout. 25 kilometers later (15 miles for you Imperialists), I found one. I outlined the coast a good ways but grew bored after a while and stopped. You can see it on the dynmap... scroll waaay down.

Shortly afterwards, Hound got back on after a long absence and showed me his latest project. Suffice it to say, he'd need a LOT of netherrack for it, and claimed he'd strip the nether of netherrack. I jokingly mentioned that if he was already going to mine the nether a ton, he might as well travel to around z=3.5km and build a portal there, since that should open out on the new continent.

Apparently, he did just that. And IMHO, 3.5km in Nether terrain is pretty significant, especially when you don't have creative and (obviously) can't reset your spawn occasionally.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline HoundofDarkness

Last week, I decided on a whim to find out just how large the ocean south of our continent was, so I went on a flyabout. 25 kilometers later (15 miles for you Imperialists), I found one. I outlined the coast a good ways but grew bored after a while and stopped. You can see it on the dynmap... scroll waaay down.

Shortly afterwards, Hound got back on after a long absence and showed me his latest project. Suffice it to say, he'd need a LOT of netherrack for it, and claimed he'd strip the nether of netherrack. I jokingly mentioned that if he was already going to mine the nether a ton, he might as well travel to around z=3.5km and build a portal there, since that should open out on the new continent.

Apparently, he did just that. And IMHO, 3.5km in Nether terrain is pretty significant, especially when you don't have creative and (obviously) can't reset your spawn occasionally.

I've also got portals in the Nether at Z = 1000 and Z = 2000, but both of those are above the ocean.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 04:44:51 pm by HoundofDarkness »

Offline HoundofDarkness

Idunno, maybe that he has/made a program to create one?

Actually, that is just something I typed up for the fun of it.

Offline HoundofDarkness

One other thing I should point out is that currently the only Overworld Portal with convenient access to the tunnel is in my "house."

Also for those interested, this cost me roughly 8000 points of durability.  That equates out to about 32 iron picks or 6 diamond picks.
Time spent was about three-four hours.

I'm also hoping to get a nicer looking portal structure built out there before I permit access to the general public.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'm not sure what that thing is you're working on, Hound, but it's...big.  And tall.  Very tall.

Segueing smoothly into more problem reporting, the short rail line that goes over the suspension bridge to--is that Qaz's manor?  Well, whoever's--winds up dead-ending on the other side in the old closed station...not the old old original station, where it originally ended, but rhx's plugin station.  I'm not sure exactly where we want to run it, but it does re-raise the issue of needing to do something about the general spawn area, even beyond the dead rail stations.  Whether it's front doors locked by people who haven't been around for a year, or the fact that there's no directions as to what path leads where, it's kind of a mess.  The town proper is a bit better, but the area behind the spawn point, including Headdie's valley and the surroundings, is definitely an offender.

I mean, when the only way I can figure out who did was is by running into a locked door that informs me of such, I think there's something wrong. :p

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
One other thing I should point out is that currently the only Overworld Portal with convenient access to the tunnel is in my "house."

Also for those interested, this cost me roughly 8000 points of durability.  That equates out to about 32 iron picks or 6 diamond picks.
Time spent was about three-four hours.

I'm also hoping to get a nicer looking portal structure built out there before I permit access to the general public.

I'm extending the nether rail out to that area of the nether. Got to z=2000 so far, but only with a 3-wide path. Haven't laid the rails yet.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
While we're talking Netherrail expansion, is there any way we could plop a portal near the New Trashmania area?  (Obviously TM would need to indicate whereabouts he wants it, though I know there's at least one there already.)  I don't necessarily mind the normal rail ride, but it'd be nice to save time if need be.

Offline HoundofDarkness

Update on the "New Continent" portal.

Alright, BIG changes have taken place today.  First off rail line access is all but finished missing ONLY six booster rails and a toll booth.  Tolls will be required of all parties who have not directly contributed to the expedition so far.   Tolls will paid directly to me and will pay for "insurance" against accidents involving TNT or lava.  For more information regarding tolls feel free to message me  :lol:.

The next changes involve the Over World portal.  The platform it was originally built upon has been stripped away completely and replaced with a secure, and as of yet unnamed, outpost.  The outpost is current outfitted with 2 state-of-the-art snowgolem guard turrets, a pumpkin farm, a melon farm, a wheat farm, sugar cane farm, basic crafting stations, 10 storage chests, entertainment center, cake, and bunks for twenty.  In addition to these amenities the outpost also features an awning to block rain.  The outpost is also fully stocked to deal with any emergency, see photo 3 for specifics.

Finally, the surrounding lands are beginning to be tamed as Sandwich has marked the sight for a future restaurant (not to be confused with a Hooters, Top_Gun).  See photo 4 for more details.

Expect more additions in the future. :cool:

[attachment deleted by ninja]

[attachment deleted by a ninja]

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Oh hey, you got the friendly Enderman in there too.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
While we're talking Netherrail expansion, is there any way we could plop a portal near the New Trashmania area?  (Obviously TM would need to indicate whereabouts he wants it, though I know there's at least one there already.)  I don't necessarily mind the normal rail ride, but it'd be nice to save time if need be.

I dont' recall there's a portal in New TrashMania. Not aht it's stricly necessary, since I have a warp and 2 rails.
If I were to build a portal, I'd probably place in near the mage tower..or in it..or in the tower's garden.

EDIT:
B.t.w - is it me or is hte server getting a lot laggier later? I suspect all the exploring is the cause.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Hmm..interesting.The server seems quieter lately.

I've only run into Sandwich and Hound.

I'm kinda waiting for 1.3 to come...so that SP mods can go SMP and the awesomeness can begin :>

EDIT: I'd advise caution to survival peeps using the new continent rail at the moment, its currently an extremely dangerous route. Long falls + lava + fire + pigmen + ghasts blowing holes in the track. Almost lost all my gear after a long fall caused by pigmen..died 3 times trying to get it back x.x

EDIT EDIT: Highly advise bow and arrow, knocking them off the track with it while in a speeding cart is fun :>
Also  bring multiple minecarts, they tend to fall off the track when you destroy them when you're fighting pigmen.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 07:35:31 am by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
EDIT: I'd advise caution to survival peeps using the new continent rail at the moment, its currently an extremely dangerous route. Long falls + lava + fire + pigmen + ghasts blowing holes in the track. Almost lost all my gear after a long fall caused by pigmen..died 3 times trying to get it back x.x

EDIT EDIT: Highly advise bow and arrow, knocking them off the track with it while in a speeding cart is fun :>
Also  bring multiple minecarts, they tend to fall off the track when you destroy them when you're fighting pigmen.

tl;dr: Don't worry, you're protected by glass blocks now. Don't try to break them or get out of your cart; there's stations every 1000m for disembarking.

Scratch both of those now; I went along the track and placed glass blocks at the minecart rider's head level along the entire route, both directions. You don't suffocate in glass blocks, and you can still see out, but you can't be seen by anything, and more importantly, nothing can wander onto the rails themselves, so your ride should remain blissfully uninterrupted.

The only catch is that since you're in a block, you can't jump out of your cart whenever you want - right-clicking the cart actually right-clicks the inside of the glass block and thus does nothing. You can break the glass blocks as you whiz through them, but I'd ask you not to - there's no point. By the time one breaks, you're already moved on and will still be unable to get out of the cart.

To compensate for this, I made stations every 1000m, where the cart will stop, you can (and have to) get out, pick up the cart, walk 10 blocks, and place it on the continuation of the rail. So if you want to explore something you saw en route, those are the places you should get off at.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something

I was down there laying the glowstone and powered rails last night, and I didn't have nearly as much trouble as that. :p