Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 577920 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Yup....my kingdom was originaly in a forest/plain area...now it's snow.

And every time I look at Dymap I could swear it almost looks deliberate....
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Coulda been worse, coulda turned into an ocean biome. Then you could call it Trashlantis

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
hmmmmm....... not a bad idea.

Akshually, a few of the chunks in the center of my kingdom are labeled as "ocean" when you look with F3.. Weirdness.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I think "ocean" biomes that happen to be on land wind up looking not all that different from plain forest.

Offline HoundofDarkness

• Guardian of The Catacombs, Receiver of Tolls
Uhm, this may or may not be a stupid question, but where is the the End Portal?  Someone mentioned to me that it was near the Fenris but I didn't find any thing.  If someone could post the coordinates that would be really nice.
Mankind, a cesspit of hatred and lies! - Castlevania, Dracula

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
If you walk out of Fenris Station towards the Fenris, there should be a path leading off to the right.  Follow it to the end, and you'll wind up at a small square cave with a wool floor, around (-620,170).  Head down the spiral staircase in there, and you can't miss it.

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft

Actually you cant test that. Go to the edge of the snow biome, press f3, and see if it's tundra or ice plains or something. If it isn't and there's snow there anyway, then it was deliberately placed (and you will be able to dig it up without it coming back)
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Finally restored part of the time period and naming for my little library below my Keep as Grimper has been complaining about that ;) Besides the more I delve into history as I do now almost daily, the more I felt the urge to do so.

Also some small improvements to the Fort as usual, it's nice to have new things made if only to give a small incentive to periodically dropping by, being relatively convenient close to New Trashmania; in the 'New World' (or Southern Continent) I've found three automatically generated NPC villages in close proximity which I restored with help of Grimper and are being linked by gravel roads. I'm also hoping to expand them somewhat to make them more than just a random village. Plenty more to discover in the southern continent.

By the way, I notice I'm in need of a few villager eggs for establishing NPC villages in locations where I can't push existing villagers into. Is it possible for anyone with Creative to give me those? Since I haven't seen anyone on with creative lately. Thanks in advance!
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

Actually you cant test that. Go to the edge of the snow biome, press f3, and see if it's tundra or ice plains or something. If it isn't and there's snow there anyway, then it was deliberately placed (and you will be able to dig it up without it coming back)

No, it's borked.
Most of my chucks aren't what they are supposed to be. Was one thing, sez another, acts like a third.
And snow continues falling. Go figure.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Note to self: Make more signs telling people who's buildings belong to who
"No"

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft

No, it's borked.
Most of my chucks aren't what they are supposed to be. Was one thing, sez another, acts like a third.
And snow continues falling. Go figure.

It should act like whatever the f3 screen says it is, even if it looks completely different. The f3 screen represents what the biome is coded to be in the particular version of MC you are using, tho it won't regen the chunk so it won't look like that biome at all, but it will behave like it.

Eg, you have a biome that was originally plains, then ice mountains, and now forest. It will have the flat landscape of the plain, the snow from the ice mountain, but once you dig that snow it won't come back coz it's now coded as a forest biome.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 09:42:55 am by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Finally restored part of the time period and naming for my little library below my Keep as Grimper has been complaining about that ;) Besides the more I delve into history as I do now almost daily, the more I felt the urge to do so.
Grimper has been naggy :nervous:, but that timeline was very jumbled up. :P

Yeah I know, when making it it wasn't really based to make it very correct (at first I wanted to throw lots of book names, existing and nonexisting into it in fact) but more like a filler. It's not done yet but at least it should look more historically correct. :P
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Has ANYONE seen Qaz or Mura AT ALL in these last two weeks?

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Have you tried IRC? Qaz seems to be on there most of the time :\
When Australia burned.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Sorry I haven't been on much lately - I blame Batman: Arkham City. :p I'm almost finished it though, so it won't be long now. ;)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
The basic shell of the Deimos is complete. Work on detailing has begun. I'll download a copy of it to render with dynmap later.

Due to the number of images, the Deimos now has a dedicated build log thread, located HERE, since it is on the OCN server and I'm using it to promote FreeSpace 2 to the community.

EDIT: Here ya go. (Dynmap is in orthographic view, proportions will look way off)

« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 04:22:34 am by KyadCK »
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

Having seen him there either...it is the #HLP channel, right?

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam

Having seen him there either...it is the #HLP channel, right?

uh... Do we even have/use #HLP?

Try #Hard-Light or #Freespace
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Tried those too... qaz has dissapeared from the face of the planet.
Mura is nowhere to be found either.