Hosted Projects - Standalone > WoD Forum Game

Public diplomacy

<< < (10/12) > >>

Droid803:
To Foreign Secretary Duchess Cornelia Windham,

As I had the pleasure of working closely with your predecessor, Secretary Lepanto in a number of cooperative efforts and assurances, and have had a pleasant course diplomatic relations with you, it pains me to have to now present this declaration.

The events in Aldebaran since the sudden change and subsequent policy re-orientation has come as a shock to many of us in the guilds - that the Delest, responding to an invitation extended by Britannia to all to participate in our joint "pirate hunting" expeditions in the Aldebaran nebula would then be met with an about face, entrapment, declaration of war, and a demand to surrender their ships. The irony was not lost to many of us that the "bait and switch" came from the very nation that includes "honor" and "nobility" within their messages. Nevertheless, the UGC has wished to prevent escalation of the conflict in Aldebaran as long as possible and made every attempt at neutrality and seeking a peaceful resolution.

However, you have now deployed fleets into Delest space under the flag of war. Thus, it is with sadness that in accordance with our treaty obligations of our long-standing defensive alliance with the Delest, the United Guilds of Commerce hereby declares war on Britannia.

It is most unfortunate that internal political turmoil has reduced a valuable friend into an enemy, and the UGC wishes to reiterate that we still (perhaps foolhardily) desire peace between our Terran brothers and sisters. Upon cessation of hostilities with the Delest Dynasty, we will be willing to immediately negotiate a peace settlement.

Regards,
Droid803
Minister
United Guilds of Commerce

Lepanto:

Droid,

Congratulations. Bravo.

I take my hat off to your unique foreign policy skills. You have somehow become head of state of a nation under copyright, despite plainly failing to grasp concepts such as "risk assessment" and "long-term goal setting".

Now, your decision to honor your alliance terms is, in and of itself, an admirable one. Although, given that this the first we have heard of this secret "alliance", you cannot blame Britannia for oh-so-clumsily triggering it. We, naive and childish fools that we are, sign our alliances in the open.

However, while I could go on and tear apart your flimsy casus belli with ease, I shall instead raise a question of debt.

You surely know much of debts and their repayment, usurer. Tell me, then:

Who helped you obtain half Aldebaran's riches without firing a shot?

Who went well out of their way to save you from an unprovoked invasion, nearly ruining a valuable alliance to do so, and damaging their own reputation for consistent foreign policy?

Who offered you resources to build your defenses against aforementioned invasion, which you seem to have somehow forgot in your decision-making these days?

Lepanto sacrificed much to forge ties of cooperation and defense between our two states. Poor, silly, naive man.

He should have just let Sol burn your misbegotten state to the ground.

If you should decide to focus your war machine on the nation which is actually invading your territory, we of Britannia are ready to cancel this pointless war at any time. Until then, if your mercenaries and scum should interfere with our noble crusade, the CRF shall cut them down without a second thought.

---------------------------------------------------------

To Headdie, Sol Minister of Interstellar Affairs,

As you may have guessed, Britannia no longer raises any objections to your invasion of the Guilders. Cut them down.

---------------------------------------------------------

In Her Majesty's Name,
Duchess Cornelia Windham, Foreign Secretary

Enioch:
Oh, Oh, I can answer that! Pick me, pick me!

--- Quote from: Lepanto on November 11, 2015, 08:51:42 pm ---
Who helped you obtain half Aldebaran's riches without firing a shot?

--- End quote ---

Nobody did. They certainly did not need your so-called help, as there was no one to challenge the occupation. Anyone can claim to help others - but unless you are sacrificing something, which the CRF certainly did not, your 'help' isn't worth much, is it? I could rephrase your question as 'who was it you had to share Aldebaran with, in order to avoid a war', and it would reflect the same reality.

Also, you actually invited everybody who was interested in doing so to help. And then cried 'foul' when somebody did.

--- Quote ---Who went well out of their way to save you from an unprovoked invasion, nearly ruining a valuable alliance to do so, and damaging their own reputation for consistent foreign policy?

--- End quote ---

You certainly didn't. I note no CRF fleets assisting the UGC forces in Fomalhaut. What I do see, are DD forces.

--- Quote ---Who offered you resources to build your defenses against aforementioned invasion, which you seem to have somehow forgot in your decision-making these days?

--- End quote ---

You certainly didn't. On the other hand, the DD - UGCR science treaty has offered huge economic and scientific advantages and benefits to both nations.

--- Quote ---Lepanto sacrificed much to forge ties of cooperation and defense between our two states. Poor, silly, naive man.

--- End quote ---

Lepanto was actually the one man who could have prevented this war, because, for all his failings, he was a man we could respect. Lepanto was the first of the Brittanians to consider that our population might have been something more than 'vat grown abominations'. Lepanto was the one who might have actually commited to all of the above, while you scavenge his leftovers and dress yourself up as a knight with a carboard sword and a garbage can lid shield.

--- Quote ---He should have just let Sol burn your misbegotten state to the ground.

--- End quote ---

Oh, good. More hatemongering and rascism. I note the word 'misbegotten'. That is an interesting word. It almost seems like you have an ingrained belief that your circumstances of birth make you somehow superior.

Enioch:
To all concerned parties:

The DD wishes to make it clear that they are operating in an Alliance with the UGCR. Record it for posterity, if you so desire.

-Kalazonitov

[OOC: No time for fancy announcements, just a public announcement to confirm the alliance and avoid friendly fire and similar stupidities]. :P

Droid803:
The UGCR will affirm the alliance, in the interest of avoiding blue-on-blue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version