Author Topic: Derelict error with 4.6 MVPs and FS0 22.0  (Read 625 times)

Offline CT27

Derelict error with 4.6 MVPs and FS0 22.0
I was using the new 4.6 MVPs on Derelict (while using FSO 22.0).  It worked okay up until the "Rites of Passage" mission. 

In that mission you're supposed to defend the shuttle (in this mission a Hermes escape pod model) of the Capella governor.  It is supposed to dock with the GVI Luxor until the station's docking bay was sabotaged.  The shuttle then goes back to dock with the medical ship GTM Alexis.  Then it was ordered to go to the other side of the station to avoid a pirate attack.  However it never undocked with the Alexis like it was supposed to.  After the pirate attack was defeated just the shuttle is supposed to go into the Luxor's bay, however it can't since it's docked with the Alexis.  It tries to force itself in while attached to the Alexis, but this means the Alexis just keeps bouncing off the Luxor and nothing progresses.

I switched my mod.ini to the 4.5 MVPs and tried the mission again; things worked fine in this case, the shuttle was able to dock and undock with things properly.

In short, Derelict may need to be touched up a little to be fully compatible with the 4.6 MVPs.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Re: Derelict error with 4.6 MVPs and FS0 22.0
If the only difference was the MVPS version (not FSO version), maybe there's some docking path issue in the models themselves. Could you tell us what are the ship classes of the vessels you mentioned?
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline CT27

Governor's shuttle-Hermes
Alexis-Hippocrates
Luxor-A Typhon with a Ganymede ring around it

When the shuttle was docked with the Alexis it was docked on that circular prong part in the front.

Offline CT27

If the only difference was the MVPS version (not FSO version), maybe there's some docking path issue in the models themselves. Could you tell us what are the ship classes of the vessels you mentioned?

It may also be a FSO version too.

Yesterday I tested MVPs 4.6 with a June 11, 2022 nightly and the mission worked right then too.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
In the original mission, the shuttle was never expected to actually dock.  I suppose the new MVP model has a more efficient path that allowed the shuttle to dock before its order was canceled.  I'll release a patch.