Author Topic: Subobject rotation axis bug  (Read 2403 times)

Subobject rotation axis bug
Just found this bug out.  4/1/12 build forgets to save a subobject's rotation axis.  You can choose whatever one you want but it'll just go back to the original.  Did the code to reflect the changes fail to go through completely?

Edit: Actually it looks like the data is never read from the pof, the very old version can write and read it ok.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 04:29:45 am by Scooby_Doo »
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
Re: Subobject rotation axis bug
Does it happen with the latest version?

Yup still happens with that version.
Also I've noticed something with the rotations.  If I set it to rotate on the X axis, it'll do a barrel row on the Y axis.  Y axis does nothing and the Z axis rotates correctly.   Subobject's axis is the same as the worlds axis.

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I've noticed another bug with this. I've copied the turret, rotated it and than I copied it again to set second turret in line with first, on the left side on the ship [first turret is on the right side]. I wanted to rotate the second turret, but first one rotates too. Whats up?
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Ignore this. One you exit and open the model up once more (or see it in-game), it'll be allright. I noticed it, but once I figured out it's a visual-only bug, I stopped caring. It's be nice to get it fixed though.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Never ran into this problem, all my rotating subobjects have always worked the way I want them to. Then again, I don't actually know which axis is which and I just copy the setting from an existing model that has an object rotating along the axis I want it to rotate around lol.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Also I was having bugs with rotation at the time, so that might have also caused it not to actual rotate.

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
I have no idea what the problem actually is. Can you provide repro instructions?

Ignore this. One you exit and open the model up once more (or see it in-game), it'll be allright. I noticed it, but once I figured out it's a visual-only bug, I stopped caring. It's be nice to get it fixed though.
Try a new version.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 04:16:44 am by Spicious »