Author Topic: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!  (Read 221434 times)

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!
If you want to get started using FS2NetD, you will need to read this. You only need to forward your ports to host, not to join games.

YOU CANNOT JOIN WHILE A GAME IS IN PROGRESS!

DO NOT PLAY WITH 3.6.8Z MEDIAVPS IF YOU WANT TO SAVE STATS!

If you are using a 3.6.10 build you need to be using either an XT build, one dated 6/17/08 or after or use this config file

3.6.10 also does not store stats if the 3.6.10 MediaVPs are used

If you are going to be hosting a game with a 3.6.10 build please post what build you are using.  Although the host and client don't need to be running the same build why chance it. 

When you are done, your settings should look something like this.

If you want to host first read this.

This will let you test your UDP port forwarding.

This tool Enables you to see which games are being played. Both files must be in the same folder!

If you have a low end PC, or just want to play with friends, this utility is useful for IP (direct link) games.
Network: FSOPEN
Password: galatea

You can see your rankings and what games are going on here.

You need the multiplayer mission pack to play or host. 

If you want to use a mod or conversion such as Inferno or BtRL notify me by PM.

All times are in GMT.  Click here to see the current time in GMT.)

If you have to cancel, notify me by PM as soon as you can.

Schedule of Upcoming Games:

------FIXED GAMES------ (Scheduled)
Host: colecampbell666/jedimasterseth, Every Saturday, 8 PM
     Server Location: Nova Scotia, Canada/London, England

Host: Unknown, Every Thursday, 8 PM
     Server Location: Unknown
     The Babylon Project Game

Host: jedimasterseth, Every Wednesday, 9 PM
     Server Location: London, England
Host: BSGPilots, Every Friday, 6 PM
     Beyond the Red Line Game

Host: BSGPilots, Every Saturday, 6 PM
     Beyond the Red Line Game

-----Current Hosts-----

Host: colecampbell666
     Server Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Host: CP5670
     Server Location: Maryland, USA / New Jersey, USA

Host: Shade
     Server Location: Denmark

Host: jedimasterseth
     Server Location: London, England

« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 07:15:40 pm by colecampbell666 »
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I think it would easier if we just used the first post of the existing thread for this. I will update it. I wanted to merge the topics and put this post at the top, but it seems that it can only sort the posts according to their times.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Could you actually make this the topic, as I'm doing most of the organizing. (Although you and jr2 have helped a lot) I would like to be able to edit the calendar.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Fine. I suppose VC hasn't been in the other thread for a while now anyway, so I'll switch the discussion over to here. I brought it in line with what's in the other thread, but you'll need to maintain the schedule.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 02:45:06 pm by CP5670 »

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
CP5670's game should be starting soon.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I'll start it up in a few minutes. Just setting a few things up.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Mayhem is hosting a game now.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Posted on Game Warden.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
My game is starting a bit late, should be up now.

EDIT: When I try to "Join as observer" I get a debug error.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
First night I deem a success! :yes2: :D :yes:

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Indeed. At one point I actually had nine people in the game. :yes: I think we got some people outside of this forum too.

Not sure if I'll have time to play tomorrow, but I will be there for at least the Wednesday and Saturday games.

How many of you are available to play after 3:00 AM GMT, by the way? I find it more convenient to play/host after that point, but I'm thinking we'll end up getting less people than the 10:00 PM time (which also accomodates Europeans to some degree).
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 10:41:07 pm by CP5670 »

Offline Mayhem

Flying a bomber on insanity-level is equal to signing your death sentence. :D

But overall, it was quite enjoyable, albeit flawed by several cases of "hacked files", so no stats could be saved. What brings me straight to the point: I fear i have no opportunity to get rid of that: I tried every solution i came across in the according topic, and even my logfile shows that the checksums of the tables are identical - everything should be fine, yet it isn't.

So i'd suggest you to add a hint to my game on sunday, that stats won't be saved for known reasons. Maybe i should make this into a pure newbie-game anyway - i felt a bit overwhelmed yesterday by the sheer difficulty level.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures

But overall, it was quite enjoyable, albeit flawed by several cases of "hacked files", so no stats could be saved. What brings me straight to the point: I fear i have no opportunity to get rid of that: I tried every solution i came across in the according topic, and even my logfile shows that the checksums of the tables are identical - everything should be fine, yet it isn't.

So i'd suggest you to add a hint to my game on sunday, that stats won't be saved for known reasons. Maybe i should make this into a pure newbie-game anyway - i felt a bit overwhelmed yesterday by the sheer difficulty level.

Made some changes to reflect what you said, among others.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 07:43:50 am by colecampbell666 »

Offline Super Nova

• No!

By "logfile" did you also check tvalid.cfg?

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
It saves stats as long as you don't have hacked tables, so only you would be affected by that.

Did you use Turey's installer? If not, you probably have old media-vps.

Offline Shade

This sounds interesting. Might drop by for tonight's game and give you another target to shoot at if I'm still up and about when people start logging on, which unless my calculations are off should be soon-ish :)
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
I'd come but my FS2 rig isn't on the net. Have fun guys!
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
My games starting now. Sorry for the delay but my geocaching hike today lasted for longer than expected.

Offline Shade

Heh. Like 5 minutes after I decide to hit the sack. Well, next time :)
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
You can join us tonight if you're free. I will be starting at the same time I did on Monday. If we get that many people again, we can try some of the tougher missions and get their medals.

On a side note, everyone should get the multiplayer mission pack in here if you haven't already. This will speed things up for everyone and reduce the possibility of xfer disconnects.