Community Projects > The FreeSpace Upgrade Project

Welcome to the FSU reborn!

(1/4) > >>

Sandwich:
Welcome one and all, to the reborn FSU!

You may be wondering why this is labeled as "reborn". While once a campaign, or two campaigns, or something, the FSU is now a completely open project, with two goals:
<ol>
<li>The advertisement of the SCP. This will be accomplished in two ways, a trailer (video), and a playable technology test:
<ol>
<li>The trailer will use the coolest in-game imagery available, from any source (campaign, modelers, etc) willing to contribute.</li>
<li>Secondly, the technology test will be a fly-through of the new features and capabilities of FSOpen, contained in a 2-3 mission "campaign". No storyline needed nor desired; briefings and in-mission voices will address the player directly, pointing out features such as specular lighting, HTL, etc etc.</li></ol></li>
<li>The second goal of the FSU will be to upgrade in every way possible the main FS2 campaign. Graphic enhancements using hi-poly models, mission and model bug fixes - the works. No changes to the gameplay (exceptions will be allowed by FSU staff consensus) and no changes at all to the storyline (no exceptions) will be allowed.</li></ol>
Both the technology test and the FS2 Campaign upgrade will be accompanied by the most comprehensive media.vp that the community can put together, with regular updates (new hi-poly models, etc.) as often as they come out.

Galemp:
Kick ass!

Thanks Sandy. I guess now we need someone to bring over all the HTL threads from everywhere here.

Taristin:
Like a FS Modding moderator? >..>;

Sandwich:
What we need before that is a structured way of working alongside the SCP, handling the media.vp, etc. Any suggestions, anyone? I hate to admit, but I don't keep upt-o-date with the SCP, and so I'm definitely not the best person for the job.

Singh:

--- Quote from: Sandwich on November 10, 2005, 03:12:07 pm ---
<li>The advertisement of the SCP. This will be accomplished in two ways, a trailer (video), and a playable technology test:
<ol>
<li>The trailer will use the coolest in-game imagery available, from any source (campaign, modelers, etc) willing to contribute.</li>

--- End quote ---

*sneaks in from nowhere
>_>

<_<

>_>

<_<

>_>

*disappears into nowhere

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version