Hosted Projects - Standalone > The Babylon Project

Vid's campaigns are too difficult? - advice here!

<< < (2/22) > >>

Vidmaster:
No problem, that's why this thread is here  :cool:

FUBAR's advice may have been incorrect since there is another possibility, you are not necessarily screwing up  ;) Instead, your wingmen do.
Be sure your wingmen (and -women  :lol:) do not pointlessly attack the tanker. Have them disarm or ignore the Pandora. Sadly, that glitch is a common problem in all FS2 capture missions.

Summary:  FH2259 Mission 5: "The damn tanker goes boom"
Solution: The thing is full of Quantium40. Quantium40 is used to provide the energy for stationary jumpgates. Now guess what happens when you shoot a barrel full of Quantium40?  :lol:
Be sure neither your wingmen nor you shoot one of the tanks on the Pandora and keep also in mind that causing an engine overload (->produces a lot of heat) might not be a wise choice either.
You are the boss, so give your fellow Hunters specific orders, yes?

fimbul:
Maybe I am just a noob, but I think some missions are really too hard.

For example the mission (CotD) Mission when u fight above an ansteroid against 3 mimbari cruiser
and the mission when you have to fight versus the vorlons. I am sorry but I have really no idea how to win it... (tried various tactics)

Same thing for Mission to protect EA Alexandria (TFH 2260) above Jupiter, I really tried to kill the bombers AND tried to disable some BeamTurrets from enemy capital ships.... 

Hm seems problems never end, i did mission with EA Alexandria (made the ship invulnerable) and reached now after I changed some config (cause otherwise the mission reunion 2 crashes in min 37:01) the mission to defend the drakiri station but now the game crashes in that mission -.-

Well done campaign and level design, but if game crashes too often and missions quite hard you wont have fun playing it :(

I hope with your last FH2261 you also will "fix" the previous campaigns.

All played in easy mode.

Hope you can give me some tips....   

Vidmaster:
Both the FortuneHunters and (especially) Dark Children are aimed at pretty good players. If you just started with TBP, play RaiderWars first, then maybe Earth-Minbari War. Most people here at Hardlight are Freespace2 veterans and play this game since years.

for tips to 2260 mission6 look above. I always thought this mission to be to easy and as far as I know most people also got past it without major problems. Since there is no Reunion2, I guess you again to mission6 here. The game crashing in this mission is new to me.
A crash in Mission8 (the Brakiri Station) occurred several times, the problem is I have no idea why.

DarkChildren (not Children of the Darkness :lol:) on the other hand is no complete campaign and not exactly balanced. I created it to test an idea and the slowmotion feature. I had plans for a full campaign but cut out 3 missions because I got frustrated with the story, the DarkChildren now available suffers from a huge leap of difficulty therefore (cut out 4, 5 and 6; therefore mission 7 became what's mission4 is now). If you accept the challenge, it's still possible to win. It just takes practice.
For mission 5 of that campaign: You cannot win it. You are going to die. To successfully finish the campaign, you have to survive until Mind dies, if you die after that you have "won"  :)

Yeah, I always fix my campaigns for the next release, the problem is the missions are not broken.

Vidmaster:
FH2259 Mission 2:   I cannot disable that damn trader

It's related to the ship model. Forget about your wingmen, you have to do it yourself. Order them to disarm the thing meanwhile.
To hit, you need to hover above or under the central core of the Avoki, meaning you actually need to fly between those two hull segments (inside the ships structure), I recommend attack from above. A few Venoms should take care of the problem then.

Conclusion: To damage the engines, hit the upper side of the central core

FUBAR-BDHR:
Another trick is to use your guns until you see where the damage point for the engines is and then hit there with the Venoms. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version