Hosted Projects - Non-FreeSpace > StarShatter Open Source Project

Multiplayer? Of any kind?

(1/4) > >>

Hufer:
Hey all, I'm a little new to Hard Light but seeing as Starshattermods is down for good I thought I'd pop the big question for my group of friends and I.

Is multiplayer in this game possible? Before you say the servers are down and have been down for a while; does LAN play still work? There are many programs (such as Hamachi and Tunngle) that can create virtual LAN servers to get players in the same game.

I've tried using the -lan command while starting the game but so far have had no luck getting my buddies to see my game. Can anyone tell me if this is impossible, needs more work, or already exists and I'm just not doing it the right way. If LAN play still works I'm almost sure there should be a way to get Tunngle or Hamachi to work and set up games for anyone connected to them. I love this game and would love to play it with friends for once.

Thanks in advance.

Thaeris:
I'm not sure how much of the old downloads remained for older versions of the software. BUT, the current builds of Starshatter do not support multiplayer due to... was it linking to a Matrix Games server? There is something on that order for why multi doesn't work. On the upper hand, current builds do not need a serial input to run. But you're right, this is a real bug, and it's probably the most important one to fix in the near future.

If you can find an older build (before the current Open release), that should be able to do multi.

The E:
Current builds rely on some external server to do matchmaking. Since we don't have the source for that server (at least I don't think we do), multi has been disabled for now. I shall take a look at pure LAN games when I'm back home.

Colonol Dekker:
Multi's down?

Aww boooh :C

Also
:welcome:

Hufer:
So if I find a copy of the game before the open source release I could do LAN games using the -lan command?

And it says in the manual that using -lan kicks off the Internet Broker.

Regardless, out of curiosity what version would I need/how would I tell I have the right version that still has multiplayer working.

Thanks for the help, by the way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version