Hosted Projects - Standalone > Fate of the Galaxy

Currently needed and WIP ships (Updated 12/1/21)

<< < (22/22)

zookeeper:
It's very very much too high-poly to be used as-is. One would have to build a low-poly model of it first, then UV that, then bake the textures from the original. All in all it might be faster than building one from scratch, but still quite a bit of work.

CountBuggula:

--- Quote from: zookeeper on March 12, 2017, 04:42:31 am ---It's very very much too high-poly to be used as-is. One would have to build a low-poly model of it first, then UV that, then bake the textures from the original. All in all it might be faster than building one from scratch, but still quite a bit of work.

--- End quote ---

Yep.  At least it's a good looking model and we'll keep it in mind, but definitely would require some work to get to a usable state.  Definitely appreciate you pointing it out to us though, it's by far the best model of this ship I've seen on the web anywhere.

Rolf:
Glad I could be of some help guys, he's also modeled the cargo container on it's own:

http://massassi.ourhobby.com/massassi/other/3dmodels/models/epi0_cxc-5_space_storage_shell.htm

Bryan See:
I think I've got additional ships you may have missed.

The VCX-100 light freighter and the Arquitens-class command cruiser from Star Wars: Rebels. The TIE/D Defender from the X-wing computer game series, which has been canonized in Star Wars Commander and appeared in Rebels, is the most likely candidate.

Regarding the U-wing and cockpits, I've expressed my interest in modelling it lately. :)

chief1983:
I suppose it should be in our FAQ because it's a question we've been asked numerous times before about different ships.  But our stated shipset is based on our initial and planned campaign needs, which generally focus in the OT or just post-OT era.  And these were planned before the the Disney trilogy.  So while some of those new Disney Trilogy ships would have a home, we were already working off of what we had planned for at the time.  We have planned to incorporate some designs that have been created since we planned out shipset, but we don't need any of them yet as our campaign needs are mostly accounted for.  That said, our policy has always been that any model donations are welcome and would likely find their way into the shipset, and if we they fill a niche in a campaign we hadn't considered they might even be able to get dropped in.  They would also be available for any other campaign developers to play with after release.

The Defender specifically has long been considered too over-powered of a craft to be of much purpose in FotG, so I don't expect to see it any time soon.  It is not a 'most likely candidate' by any means, as if it were we'd have modeled it with the rest of the TIE series years ago.

We'd have no issue with incorporating a completed U-Wing into FotG.  Some of the new Rogue One ships would make nice additions I think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version