Hosted Projects - Standalone > The Babylon Project

JMS announces Babylon 5 reboot on CW

<< < (2/4) > >>

Skullar:
If this boosts B5 interest again, do we make a VR version of the game ?

starbug:
I would say yes! Not going to say no to flying a starfury in VR

I do wonder what he would of done if he got the show runner position of Doctor who, as he really wanted that.

Would the B5 reboot still gone ahead?

wesp5:

--- Quote from: starbug on September 29, 2021, 12:22:52 pm ---I do wonder what he would of done if he got the show runner position of Doctor who, as he really wanted that.

--- End quote ---

I can't imagine JMS doing Doctor Who as the latter basically has no storyline and just improvises whatever is happening...

starbug:
New who does have series storyline arc's, biggest of them was series 5 to 7 had a overall arc through out the 3 series. Also the whole Time War story arc which ran from 2005 to 2015.  JMS posted several times on Twitter and in several interviews he really really wanted to do it and is a fan of the show. He was in talks with the BBC, If Russell declined to return JMS was in the top list.

It will be interesting to see what way this reboot will take. Will it be a re-imagining of it, or will be entirely new.  Either way i cannot wait to see the High Def ships and spacebattles. Oooh Hi def Omega, warlock and Shadows!

EatThePath:
Personally, I am pretty neutral on the prospects, and think it'll be interesting to see what comes of it for good or ill. If it's a true reboot it can't really confusem betray or undermine the original, it simply is. But..

--- Quote from: starbug on September 29, 2021, 10:08:51 am ---Whats also good, is that he has been saying on Twitter that the studio has given him the budget to do it properly as CW are B5 fanboys.

--- End quote ---
You hear that kind of thing from practically every project like this. Everyone's big fans, all the original creators are very excited, everything's great. It's high on the list of words that mean nothing even if they're meant entirely earnestly, up there with companies getting bought out and saying nothing will change.

And really, how many big fans of something have you met who would make a total mess of it if given control?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version