FreeSpace Releases > Asset Releases

FS2 Cockpit, Thrust, and Glide Mod

<< < (3/8) > >>

Iain Baker:
Awesome, I’ll check it out tomorrow. But at the risk of sounding stupid, how do I install/use it?

Reythan:
All you need to do is create a folder in your Knossos/FS2 directory call it whatever you would like and place the VP file inside.

In Knossos go to blue planet complete’s details and you can click on FSO Settings and add the custom flag -mod nameoffolder and you should be good I also like to use -fov 1.0 to widen the field of view

I have not implemented custom gauges and textures yet I am working on that now

The Perseus is the only transparent model

Iain Baker:
Hi There.

Gave it a try. looking good so far, but I couldn't get the transparency for the Perseus to work, but I might have done something wrong? How should I install it? I tried putting it into the same folder as the cockpits mod but that didn't work, so I created a separate folder and added another -mod XXXXX folder and added that to the FSO settings, but that didn't work either. Does FSO/knossos recognise having multiple -mod XXXXXs in its command line thingy?

One more thing I would suggest adding to all ships is the 'glide' function as this can be used in many situations instead of lateral / verticle thrust and is a little easier to use for those playing with joysticks (it's only on button press/toggle)

May I make a small request? Could you create a version(s) of these with just the enhanced flight mechanics but not the cockpits? Or show how us how we can do this for ourselves? Cheers :-)

Reythan:
Went ahead and uploaded the mod to knossos to make it easier to test out.

To add just the mechanics yourself you just need to adjust/make a table that applies the option to each ship for example

#Ship Classes

;======>>TERRANS<<=======
$Name:                          GTF Ulysses
+nocreate
$Max Velocity:                   70.0, 70.0, 70.0
$Rotation time:                  3.0, 2.6, 5.0
$Rear Velocity:                  70.0
$Forward accel:                    2.0
$Forward decel:               1.5
$Slide accel:                    2.0
$Slide decel:                    1.5
$Glide:            YES
$Afterburner:                      YES
   +Aburn Max Vel:          150.0, 150.0, 150.0
   +Aburn For accel:             0.7
   +Aburn Max Reverse Vel:      150.0
   +Aburn Rev accel:         0.7
   +Aburn Fuel:                          300.0
   +Aburn Burn Rate:             50.0
   +Aburn Rec Rate:              25.0
#End

Would give the ulysses glide and thrust in all directions. You would then have to do this for every ship. If you do not want to make your own tbm, you could always adjust the .tbm/.tbl files that are used for the game though I typically stay away from that as not to mess up the base game. I plan on making a guide that explains in more detail once I make sure everything works across the board.

Iain Baker:
Hi there. Did you post a video showing this in action? I can't find it now. I liked the transparent one better, even better if it also had the 'hole' in the headrest to see backwards clearly.

PS - I can't see it on Knossos unless I overlooked it (there are so many on there now it is easily done.) What did you call it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version