Author Topic: Problem with 3.4  (Read 2132 times)

Offline CCtroma

Hey everyone. I just tried to install TBP 3.4 using hip63's alternative installer. The installation goes fine but when i try to run the game I get this error message.

Error: The following species are missing icon info in icons.tbl:
Minbari
ISA
Brakiri
Drazi
Vree
Others
Drakh
Shadow
Vorlon

File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\Mission\MissionBriefCommon.cpp
Line: 731
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

Could somebody help me out with this? Also, do i need to install anything else besides 3.4?

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
Hmmm, I took the files directly from IPA's installer, let me test further and install it on yet another system.

I will post back here very soon...

Oh and BTW - I don't have a J Drive

hip63 :p
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 09:17:07 pm by hip63 »
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
You must install OpenAL, if you haven't already.  www.openal.org, get the Windows Installer, non-SDK version from the downloads page.  Latest audio & video drivers always help.

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
OpenAL is included in the installer and is optional installed at the end. Did you opt to install it?

I just completed installing the from the very file I uploaded to filefront on my laptop (which is vastly different hardware than my gaming system that I built the installer on) and everything is working fine. I loaded up the first mission to the Earth-Minbari war with no issue at all.

Has anyone else had any issues with my alternative installer? Can anyone else verify that their game works fine after installing from the alternative installer?

hip63 :p
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline CCtroma

Yes I did install OpenAL.  I assume it could be as simple as a corrupt download/install. Though personally I hope its the install cause it took me quite a while to finish the download. Thanks for the quick response hip63

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Ok, is there a debug build included?  If so, run that using the launcher & attach the error log file created in your TBP directory\data. folder.  (Hit "Additional Option" -> Browse & select the file.  If you don't see the additional options link, hit the "Preview" button.