Author Topic: Unholy Alliance update to SCP please  (Read 9066 times)

Offline est1895

Unholy Alliance update to SCP please
Please, Please...Please :nod: :nod:

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Re: Unholy Alliance update to SCP please
Ask Kazan to post up what remains of it....
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline est1895

Actually I might have the file.  How do I send you the file? I have other campaigns too from the days of Voltion Watch. :pimp:

Offline Admiral Nelson

If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Admiral Nelson

I found it myself.  I did enough table fixes so that no debug errors are thrown.  I tested it by opening the first mission and seeing that it did not crash instantly.  If you want any more work done than this, you will need to be willing to provide testing and help. 

Filefront Download.

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
There was a problem with the original campaign file that wouldn't allow you to use the Q-W-G bomb.
I've attached an updated campaign file.

[attachment deleted by ninja]
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline Admiral Nelson

Thanks, Macfie.

This campaign will really require quite a bit more work.  The custom models are all very old and most of them are broken.  All would need to be replaced.  I haven't played any missions, but I imagine that given that this campaign was an incomplete alpha there will be many mission bugs.  If the community wants this, people will need to step up to help.

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
I wrote up some notes on the campaign somewhere because there were some problems with the missions that if you didn't play them a certain way you couldn't complete the campaign.  I'll look for them and if I can find them I'll post them here.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I'm getting the file :)

IMO we need to work on our current level of organization by hiring more people and coordinating our work in a better way. We could work on multiple campaigns simultaneously(ex. testers work on S:AH while FREDders make changes to UA and modders upgrade UA's stuff).

Is it possible to have a website, something like www.fscrp.hard-light.net? Oh, and the badge...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Some direction would be useful. I'd get stuck into S:AH if I knew who was testing what so that I don't waste time testing something  needlessly.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Actually, S:AH has to be tested completely. I made many changes throught the four campaigns and didn't have time to test them.

Uhm, UA's ships really need to be upgraded.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Admiral Nelson

All the UA ships would have to be replaced.  A 100 poly _cruiser_??? :)

The shielded capships have screwed up shield meshes, and one model has 'turret18' and not 'hull' as the top of the hierarchy!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Well I'm not a modeller :nervous:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline est1895

Re: Unholy Alliance download problems at Filefront
I have highspeed internet but my Kaspersky Antivirus won't let me download anything from FileFront.  Could you please put another mirror please...please...please :shaking: :shaking:

Offline Admiral Nelson

Can your e-mail handle a 4B attachment?  I can mail it to the address in your profile.

I wouldn't create any new models for UA, just take existing ones and replace what is included here.

Offline est1895

I have Outlook Express 6.0 for my email.  Can you find my email address? I'd hate to post it for just anyone to see. But yeah, if it will work, email it to me.  And thanks for the favor.   :nod: :nod:

Offline Admiral Nelson

Your e-mail is visible to anyone who checks your profile.  I have mailed it to that address.

Offline est1895

Thanks, I got it :D :D

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Speaking of the asteroids...

...what should we do with them? Can we simply pick up asteroids coming straight from the Media VPs and make them larger?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Speaking of the asteroids...

...what should we do with them? Can we simply pick up asteroids coming straight from the Media VPs and make them larger?

The Shivan asteroids will need something special.