Author Topic: A -hopefully- new mission availible  (Read 2986 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
A -hopefully- new mission availible
Since I was able to fly a starfury (now I only fly the Battlecrabs or PSI Thunderbolts) I wanted to do a mission basing the "battle" at Babylon 5 in the end of the episode "Signs and Portents"... so I did...
I know it's not much but it's the best I could do in 3 houres of freding

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

ps. Don't worry about the TBH campaing it'll be silent for a while 'cause I've to reconsider some things.... will start freding again on friday
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 05:17:07 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline 0rph3u5

link established... can be downloaded now...

as I said 3 houres of freding... not much, not perfect but it's a start
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Nice, dogfighting around the station is always fun.

A few things:

- Some mission goals would be useful

- While the Raider carrier became invulnerable once its hull dropped, this didn't stop me from disabling it. So it couldn't jump and thus the mission never ended

- You might wanna use the starfield skybox (put "starfield" in the skybox text field in the background editor) and reduce number of stars to minimum (or 0 with notepad), for more background prettyness
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline 0rph3u5

Originally posted by Col. Fishguts
- Some mission goals would be useful

done.. 2 goals have been added
(sec goal can't be completed 'cause the Centauri liner is invulnerable by default)

- While the Raider carrier became invulnerable once its hull dropped, this didn't stop me from disabling it. So it couldn't jump and thus the mission never ended

has been set to invulneralbe as default

- You might wanna use the starfield skybox (put "starfield" in the skybox text field in the background editor) and reduce number of stars to minimum (or 0 with notepad), for more background prettyness

done... I didn't knew about that until now

added something for the possiblity the station get's into serious trouble (<20% hits left)

link will be updated soon... waiting for a reply form server

==================

Offline 0rph3u5

is there anybody around who could do a "loading screen pic" for me? - maybe a look form a pilots cocpit on the raider CV (having B5 and some fighters some where at the bottom of the picture)?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 05:17:39 pm by 0rph3u5 »

==================

Offline 0rph3u5

Re: A -hopefully- new mission availible
-just a rpevious link change - not up-to-date anymore
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 05:20:09 pm by 0rph3u5 »

==================

Offline 0rph3u5

Re: A -hopefully- new mission availible
new version of the "signs and portens" mission is available...

link:
http://babcom.henna-boy.co.uk/B5SignsnPotents_v1.5.rar (7.03 KB)

changes since previous versions:
- alpha 1 has a new ani in messages (to all who don't know: you're alpha 2)
- centauri liner and raider C&C can be damaged but not destroyed or disabled (might not with all SCP builds!!! - feedback appriciated)

==================