Author Topic: Fighters from the show Caprica [WARNING: SPOILER ALERT]  (Read 19641 times)

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
Re: Fighters from the show Caprica [WARNING: SPOILER ALERT]
the silly part is that the nose is like a p-40 in shape, but it doesn't have a prop, just the cone.
that just looks weird, I'd rather they went with a full-on sabre nose.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
the silly part is that the nose is like a p-40 in shape, but it doesn't have a prop, just the cone.

Vought F-8 Crusader:

course "the Gunfighter" is a considerable foxier bird then those seen on Caprica.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text

Vought F-8 Crusader:

course "the Gunfighter" is a considerable foxier bird then those seen on Caprica.
I never knew about this plane, and I thought I knew a fair bit.
still looks silly though, but its nice to see there was a real inspiration for it.

Offline newman

Never heard of the crusader? Blasphemy! Kids these days.. Meanwhile I've been screaming about the caprica fighter looking like an awkward blend of the crusader and a hornet since they first showed it :P
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Whats silly the Caprica fighter or the Crusader?  Because the Mig Master was awesome.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Never heard of the crusader? Blasphemy! Kids these days..
I know!

Crikey **** man! That baby was a mother****ing tits machine!

Offline newman

Whats silly the Caprica fighter or the Crusader?  Because the Mig Master was awesome.

The Caprica fighter. The Crusader effin' ruled.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I know!

QFMFT.

:lol:
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Snagger

I don't know if the "Viper" in that Caprica episode was meant to represent an aircraft used by Clonial Forces or whether it was meant to only represent a simulated aircraft in their V-World, a bit like the weird fighters in  a PC based computer game that was around about a decade ago (I can't remember its name, never having played it, but it involved airships and odd fighters with strange engine and flight surface configurations, all acting as aerial pirates if I recall it correctly).  In fact, I suspect that game was the inspiration behind the aircraft and airships in the  V-World Caprica City, too.

Offline YIIMM

Sounds like you're referring to Crimson Skies, in which case I'm inclined to agree.

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
I know!

QFMFT.

:lol:
so moral of this story:
watch more wings over vietnam.

Offline Snagger

Sounds like you're referring to Crimson Skies, in which case I'm inclined to agree.

That's the one!  Of course, there was a fair chance someone would know what i was talking about, being a gaming site and all, but well done for deciphering my vague description.  :nod:

Offline wuu

Have not seen the show, so I dont know, is it only limited for the atmosphere ??

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 05:58:48 pm by wuu »
Der Freigeist

Offline Snagger

It looks like a purely atmospheric fighter, but my question was,was it designed for the V-world game play or is it a V-World representation of a "real" Colonial fighter?  It was referred to as a Viper, but that may just be their society's general term for a fighter aircraft, so there seems little indication of whether it is just a V-world thing or not.  Either way, it's damned ugly!

WOW those look weird.... and is it just me or do those tail stabs look like those of a F18 hornet i think they took a bunch of planes and merged em in that Fugly flying thing lol

Offline newman

WOW those look weird.... and is it just me or do those tail stabs look like those of a F18 hornet i think they took a bunch of planes and merged em in that Fugly flying thing lol

That's what I've been saying since the episode with the thing aired. Looks like an unfortunate mix of a hornet and a crusader. Both planes are cool enough but this hybrid is fugly.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Maybe it was supposed to look weird?

Offline newman

Weird is fine, but this thing looks totally uninspired. Like they just threw a bunch of various **** together into one thing. I can understand it however since it's not like fighters play that big a role in Caprica. Entirely possible we'll never see it again. I just kinda miss the awesome designs, like the viper mk2.

Offline Snagger

That's what I've been saying since the episode with the thing aired. Looks like an unfortunate mix of a hornet and a crusader. Both planes are cool enough but this hybrid is fugly.
Not to mention F18 dorsal spine, F15 airbrake and F4 canopy, intakes and upside-down, back-to-front wings.  It's lIke a 10 year old kit-bashing plastic model kits!  Please don't put it in the mod!

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Oh, it's well beyond a 10-year-old kitbash, but it's still a kitbash.

...And yes, it's quite uninspired.  :P
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke