Author Topic: Sub Space Missile Issue  (Read 1325 times)

Offline EAD_Agamemnon

• Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't very Fuzzy Was He?
Sub Space Missile Issue
Is this the right place for this?

Supposedly the Local subspace missile has been implemented. So why when I set up a missile with the correct section (by referring to the WIKI) do I get this.

Error: weapons.tbl(line 4355:
Error: Required token = [#End] or [$Name:], found [+Warpin Radius:      100]
in weapon: SBM.

File:\fs2_open\code\parse\parselo.cpp
Line: 591
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

This according to what I read was activated prior or druing 3.6.5
I've been using 3.6.7 as I can get it to run okay but it wont accept the SSM
I cant even get a 12/22/05 build of 3.6.9 to accept it.
"Never start a fight, but always finish it."  - Captain John Sheridan
-------
In Diffucult Ground; Press On
In Encircled Ground; Devise Strategems
In Death Ground; FIGHT!

Sun Tzu on The Art of War circa 400 B.C.

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Re: Sub Space Missile Issue
Can you post the table entry?
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline EAD_Agamemnon

Okay. I only added what according to the WIKI was required. It was simply an addition to an existing weapon.

$Name:                                 SBM ;; Subspace Bombardment Missile
+Title:                                XSTR("GTM-12 Cyclops", 3385)
+Description:
XSTR(
"Special Issue
Anti-Cruiser Bomb
Non-Conventional Warhead
", 3386)
$end_multi_text
+Tech Title:               XSTR("GTM-12 Cyclops", 3387)
+Tech Anim:                  Tech_Cyclops
+Tech Description:
XSTR(
   "On the drawing boards during the middle of the T-V War, it was deemed an elabore and "impossible" weapon. Many skeptics among those branded it the worst kind of weapon to be developed. However fortunately, subspace drive coils of sufficient small size did not exist, and neither did the means for them to re-enter n-space on their own. During the Great War when the Shivan's forced the GTA and PVN to develop improved intra-system jump drives for their fighters and bombers, research into this weapon continued. It would have been intended as a stand-off weapon for our warships to attack the enemy from a safe distance. However since it would have used a conventional warhead, not even the Lucifer was a practical target for this far-from-complete weapon. However, research into this technology continued in the preparation for a future encounter with the Shivans. This weapon may not have the strongest warhead, but its lethality lies in its very short period of vulnerability. There is no defense otherwise.", 3388)
$end_multi_text
$Model File:                     belial.pof
$Mass:                           25.0
$Velocity:                        75.0
$Fire Wait:                        5.0
;; note, damage toned down until ai and turrets start shooting at bombs.
$Damage:                        2500                                       ;; damage applied when within inner radius
$Blast Force:                     1000.0
$Inner Radius:                     100.0                                       ;; radius at which damage is full (0 for impact only)
$Outer Radius:                     200.0                                       ;; max radius for attenuated damage (0 for impact only)
$Shockwave Speed:                  80                                        ;; velocity of shockwave.  0 for none.
$Armor Factor:                     1.0
$Shield Factor:                     0.02
$Subsystem Factor:                  1.0
$Lifetime:                        25.0                                       ;; temporary fix for problem locking onto big ships.
$Energy Consumed:                  0.0
$Cargo Size:                     15.0
$Homing:                        YES
   ;; the following indented fields are only required when $Homing is YES
   +Type:                        ASPECT                                    ;; Legal: HEAT, ASPECT
   +Turn Time:                     1.0
   +Min Lock Time:                  2.8                                       ;; Minimum lock time (in seconds)
   +Lock Pixels/Sec:               70                                        ;; Pixels moved per sec while locking
   +Catch-up Pixels/Sec:            100                                       ;; Pixels moved per sec while catching up
   +Catch-up Penalty:               30                                          ;; Extra pixels to move after catching up      
$Swarm:      2
$LaunchSnd:                        96
$ImpactSnd:                        88
$FlyBySnd:                        -1
$Rearm Rate:                     0.05
$Flags:                           ( "Bomb" "Huge" "Corkscrew" "player allowed" "local SSM")
$Trail:                                                                          ;; Trail cannot be set if Exhaust is set
   +Start Width:                  0.5                                       ;; Width of trail nearest missile
   +End Width:                     1.75                                      ;; Width of trail before it "evaporates"
   +Start Alpha:                  1.0
   +End Alpha:                     0.0
   +Max Life:                          1.5                                       ;; how many seconds before trail disappears
   +Bitmap:                     MissileTrail04                              ;; Bitmap used to draw trail

$Icon:                                 iconbelial
$Anim:                                 belial
$Impact Explosion:                     ExpMissileHit1
$Impact Explosion Radius:               15.0
$Local SSM
+WarpOut Delay:    5000
+Warpin Delay:      10000
+Stage 5 Velocity:   150
+Warpin Radius:      100
+Lock Range:      1000
-------
In Death Ground; FIGHT!

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Hmmm.. you missed something... '$Local SSM' should be $Local SSM:

If that does not solve the issue... Was that error the first one you got? Or did you get any other errors before it?
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline EAD_Agamemnon

I just figured that out. After I put this up I thought Id try the : mark.

I got other errors...only because I have TBP models slapped into the retail campaign in place of certain ships. But those errors arent causing a problem as its usually having to do with weapons placements....no problem since I got through the entire campaign that way.

But ... I R WITH MUDD!

Its kinda embarrassing when I have a prob...I post the prob....discover the solution...try it an see my solution works...only to read my post and see someone else tells me what to do that I alrdy did after I made my post.....

That happens alot to me here. I got the SSMs to work but I only have now is to refine it.
-------
In Death Ground; FIGHT!