Author Topic: RELEASE: GTTB Lightbringer  (Read 5630 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
RELEASE: GTTB Lightbringer

https://www.mediafire.com/?zrxrnxh0mxgxso7

"The Lightbringer is a late addition to the GTVA arsenal and the only bomber capable of mounting a specialized beam cannon for capital-ship assault. It was under development for years as engineers faced a lot of problems with the integration of the massive weapon. When the shivans arrived it still wasn't functional, but after a Vindhyachal bomber was captured and analyzed, the technical problems were solved and the ship pushed into service. Even so, the sheer power and cooling requirements necessitated a large chassis, making the Lightbringer second in size only to the Armageddon - a strategic bomber. Unlike the Armageddon, the Lightbringer isn't as ponderous or slow, but doesn't quite have it's ultra-thick armor. With 2 standard and 1 anti-fighter beam turret, it has good survivability."

- 4 LODs
- debris
- animated cooling hatches

If the main gun doesn't show up, rename the following:

Obliderator-wpn.tbm

to

Obliderator-wep.tbm
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 03:56:26 am by TrashMan »
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
Re: RELEASE: GTTB Lightbringer
interesting design, i like it
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I really like this one too. Can I extend the wings a bit, and turn it into atmospheric-capable gunship?
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Can has P3D preview?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I really like this one too. Can I extend the wings a bit, and turn it into atmospheric-capable gunship?

Knock yourself out. By now it should be very well known that everyone can do whatever they want with my models

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

Knock yourself out. By now it should be very well known that everyone can do whatever they want with my models
...and I would do it anyway.

I just always wanted to ask somebody here for permission. First time in my life before I defile someone's model :P.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
First time in my life before I defile someone's model :P.

She's a big girl, she can take it

Hi!
I need some help with the use of the ship. I extracted everything to their place (.pof-models, tbm-tables, dds-,aps etc) but in FRED or in Freespace, the ship is without beam weapons and the loadout is incomplete. What should I do to make this ship work as intended?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
"Use 3D models for ship selection" flag in Launcher is probably required to have this working properly in team loadout. As for the beams, Obliderator is probably using graphics from MediaVPs. Check if your modfolder is linked to MVP 2014.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
"Use 3D models for ship selection" flag in Launcher is probably required to have this working properly in team loadout.
There is no reason that flag could ever be required to make a ship work properly.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that I tried it with Blue Planet and the MVP mod too. No difference, still can't use it. However I extracted the ship into the Knossos' FS2 data folder which is besides the mod folders. Like this I can use the other extracted ships (Apollos, Raguel...) and with every mod. Can it be a problem?

Edit: I use the Knossos 0.8.0, so everything is fresh.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
"Use 3D models for ship selection" flag in Launcher is probably required to have this working properly in team loadout.
There is no reason that flag could ever be required to make a ship work properly.
I was guessing that's what he mean by saying "incomplete loadout"...

Now I see this ship use some custom weapons which are not included in the pack. Check your PBanks and SBanks in ship table and replace them with weapons available in your modpack.

Yes I may phrasing that wrong. Under "incomplete loadout" I meant no custom weapons -the Obliderator beam- in FRED. But there is an Obliderator .tbm, which is in the tables folder with the others. That's why I don't understand why I can't see it anywhere. I checked and it should use the Kayser's icon, but it does not show up neither in FRED nor in game (just the original Kayser). I can and will tinker with the .tbm of the ship too make some solution for the problem, but I hope someone with more experience has an idea whats wrong.
But thank you for the help so far, I appreciate it!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Flags, of course. It has "capital" flag, that means it's reserved for big ships. So find $Flags entry in your table. It looks like that:
Code: [Select]
( "player allowed" "huge" "beam" "supercap" "capital+" )Remove "Huge" "supercap" and "capital+".

Flags are good.

Change
Obliderator-wpn.tbm to
Obliderator-wep.tbm

"Huge" "supercap" and "capital+" are valid for player weapons. Huge and supercap just say it can damage Saths.

Is the .tbm named correct?
My copy is named Obliderator-wpn.tbm, correct would be Obliderator-wep.tbm

Can verify this.

And it did help! I owe you guys a drink! :nod: Thank you!

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
FFS, how did I manage to f*** that up?

Added the info to the first post. Can't alter the download atm.

The latest release of the Armageddon had the same problem (-wpn.tbm), aside from both tbms being txt files.