Author Topic: No Excalibur guns  (Read 6233 times)

Offline CT27

I just got to the first Hyperion mission, yet the Excalibur didn't have any guns (primary weapons).

Has anyone else had this problem?

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Is it a red alert mission ?

In which case, bad luck, you just hit the infamous Red Alert Bug. Make a new pilot and replay the campaign until that point. Have fun.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yeah, sounds like a classic case of pilot file corruption.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline CT27

Is it a red alert mission ?

In which case, bad luck, you just hit the infamous Red Alert Bug. Make a new pilot and replay the campaign until that point. Have fun.

What do you mean "Red Alert mission"?

There was a command briefing for the mission and then a regular briefing.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Then it wasn't a red alert. Which means only the devs can help you now.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline CT27

I seem to have run into a real bad patch lately with it.  Now whenever I play it seems to crash the computer.  Regretfully I'll have to uninstall it, not worth the risk to my computer.  It was totally awesome though and a big congrats to the team who made it.

Thankfully someone put up a Youtube playthrough so I can see how it ends at least.

Although this is a known issue, it's barely been commented on by the WCS Team ...

If you want, I could send you my pilot profile. I'm a few missions further though, so you'd have to go through the techroom to play the right missions. And you would have to spent some time in the options' menu to reconfigure the profile.

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
That seems to be the only solution. It has happened six times now IIRC (so it is quite rare). I think Tolwyn sent some (or all?) of them a pilot file with the right progress.
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."

Offline CT27

Although this is a known issue, it's barely been commented on by the WCS Team ...

If you want, I could send you my pilot profile. I'm a few missions further though, so you'd have to go through the techroom to play the right missions. And you would have to spent some time in the options' menu to reconfigure the profile.

If you could do that, I'd appreciate it.  Thank you.

How would I do this reconfiguring?  (I'm not the most tech savvy person)

Here it is. What I meant by reconfiguring is that the profile currently has my keybindings and HUD colors, which you would have to reconfigure in the ingame options before playing, just like you may have done when you created your own profile for the first time.

EDIT - Tolwyn posted its own saves on the WCS forum.
Attachment removed.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 03:33:52 pm by X3N0-Life-Form »

Offline CT27

Thank you for your help.  I downloaded Tolwyn's link which had a bunch of "PL2" and "CS2" files in it.

I'm sorry for sounding like a newb (I love to play games on the computer I'm just not as good at moving stuff around), but would you mind helping me know what to do next?  I.E., what file do I move where?

Offline CT27

FYI, I also have installed the patch for WC Saga.

Oh right, sorry, I forgot about that part. WCS stores its pilot profiles in Documents -> Volition -> Wing Commander Saga -> data -> players -> single

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
make sure you do not copy ALL save files into the saves folder - FS2 can handle up to 25 profiles, I believe (at least in our build)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline CT27

So far it's working, thanks guys.

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
I know this topic is old, but I'll post this anyway:

In the WCSAGA forums there is a solution for the problem in case somebody else encounters it. Just look at this thread:

http://www.wcsaga.com/forum/index.php?f=3&t=971&rb_v=viewtopic
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."

Offline Luke

*blow away the dust*

Thx Aginor.

If anyone have questions about the repair process or the tool... i am the author of the EPW-Bug Repair Tool.