Announcements > Announcements

HLP YouTube channel

<< < (13/13)

Iain Baker:
Hi all. I forgot to mention it, but all 8 of the transcend videos are up on the HLP YouTube channel. :-)

Going forward the admins will need to allow individual members to upload their own videos. Each of the transcend videos took several hours to upload and process, and my PC isn't beefy enough to do that and multi-task anything more complicated than a word doc. I simply cannot afford to have my PC's resources being hogged for that amount of time. Secondly, I should be starting a new job soon too, so I will no longer be working from home, and I am loathe to leave my PC running all day when I am not there.

I'm sure everyone here is responsible enough to upload only what is appropriate :-)

Nightmare:

--- Quote from: Iain Baker on July 06, 2019, 05:02:51 am ---I'm sure everyone here is responsible enough to upload only what is appropriate :-)

--- End quote ---

Hopefully~

... isn't WoD supposed to have some... questionable content? ;)

0rph3u5:

--- Quote from: Nightmare on July 06, 2019, 05:24:13 am ---... isn't WoD supposed to have some... questionable content? ;)

--- End quote ---

Thanks to how Spoon set up the release, it shouldn't be hard to set-up a "clean" recording that doesn't violate any YouTube's content policies.

0rph3u5:
As for the time required - For my channel I am uploading .mp4s because that's what the came-with-drivers NVidia tool puts out - those YouTube processes itself, and in about 10 minutes a piece. For what I see in the previous posts the Transcendent-stuff was in .mov; which isn't exactly a portable format AFAIK.

TechnoD11:

--- Quote from: 0rph3u5 on July 06, 2019, 06:59:58 am ---As for the time required - For my channel I am uploading .mp4s because that's what the came-with-drivers NVidia tool puts out - those YouTube processes itself, and in about 10 minutes a piece. For what I see in the previous posts the Transcendent-stuff was in .mov; which isn't exactly a portable format AFAIK.

--- End quote ---

This is correct. I rendered the videos using H.264 master quality for minimal compression. Using a heavier compression encoding would substantially reduce file size.

I didn't want to sacrifice visual quality though, which is why I opted for the H.264 (and yes, I am aware some of that fidelity was lost anyway to YT compression).

I think Iain has the right idea moving forward with allowing individuals to upload their own videos.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version