Author Topic: RELEASE: Stand Against the Night  (Read 13317 times)

Re: RELEASE: Stand Against the Night
Yeah link's dead mate

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Seems I still have the file, so I'll upload it to FSMods.

(Edit: Uploaded.)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 01:48:13 pm by Mad Bomber »
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Thank you, Mad Bomber!
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Played it:

Spoiler:
Overall it was a pretty fun, if easy, campaign. The weapons I found could shred through the shivans (no pun intended). I dunno I became an Ace after 3 missions that's quite a lot of kills. Though the Railgun or in my case PPC on that Wraith ship, I dunno sometimes the damn thing doesn't fire and then I have to cycle through my guns again until it decides it wants to. Anyone know what the deal with that is?

I would've liked some more insight into the overall story. I assume you have some idea in mind. It might've been cool to have at least a hint of what's coming up, post-demo. Something to make me look forward to the next release.

As others have said it could have been a bit better proofread. Ie it's "aerospace" not "areospace". But that didn't bother me too much.

I'm thinking it might be cool to have those ammo guns cycle. So each barrel fires in turn instead of altogether. Might help to make them a little less deadly as well. (unless you plan on introducing some deadlier shivans).
[/spoilers]

Anyway it was a fun little demo.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
-Steve-O-'s ships that use animated weapon ports always had a tendacy to not fire due to the animation stopping too early.

-Steve-O-'s ships that use animated weapon ports always had a tendacy to not fire due to the animation stopping too early.

Oh joy.
So is this a problem with all animated things?

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Based on the fact every one of his fighters does it, whether it's the Wraith's Archer cannon, the Thor's Hammer on the Thor, the bomb-bay doors on the Saracen, I'd assume so.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
It's fairly easy to work around. In fact, I don't think I've seen it under 3.6.11 builds. Unless it was a change Darius made to the models...

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
FSMods link for it seems to be broken. Just FYI.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys