Author Topic: She's almost ready....  (Read 1889 times)

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
She's almost ready....
[psychotic, somewhat crazy musing]

I now know what Modellers feel like when they open up a 3D art program. Each time they open it, and open up a model they are working on, it's not just a model to them.

In a sense, it's so much more than that. Each model, each polygon and each tiny detail represents to a modeller facets, properties of something much akin to a child; a child that they have invested not only their time and money, but a piece of thier very souls in it.

Just as writers nuture and prod along their stories, investing in it's universe a piece of themselves, so do Modellers with their creations. The difference is but that of medium and tools, with the end result normally being a creation which brings great pride and expectations for it's creator, just like a child does. And so we shall create, and continue to create for the same reason we live and reproduce, we shall create in the hopes and desires that someday, long after we have passed, someone will stumble onto our creations, and remember and appreciate the legacy that we have left behind. This is what drives us onwards together; it is what binds us, what.....connects us in ways we cannot even comprehend...

[/musing]

Ok, musing aside,the triest is approaching completion. The primary massive turret is ready.

"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Now that's a big gun :D :yes:
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Singh

• Degrees of guilt.
yup.

The triest is getting turreted now. Only needs to render, and then I'll export the texture maps and the model(s) into the various formats for people to use if they wish.

Right now, total polycount is at 280k polies...and this is with cutting a significant number of polies here and there. The turrets are lacking a few detais i wish I could have, and hte hangarbay at the rear is missing the lift lobbies and the repairbay, holding only hte runway and directional signs. Other than that though, she's got everything else.

Offline Singh

• Degrees of guilt.
Front shot:

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
That's one bad ass killer ship. :D Great :yes:
No surrender, no retreat.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
The only thing you need to complete that badboy is a "We Brake for Nobody" bumper sticker. :p

Offline Bri_Dog

Now THAT is a gunship!
Sig

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Needs! Texture! Variety!
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Where does a Singh-Made warship sit in a room? Anywhere it wants ;)
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Always facing me. :p
It's back just has a roundness / (Big sign of doom) to it that shouts: 'RAPE ME!'.
That asside, I wouldn't be on the recieving end of its ministrations.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Kie99

Now convert it to FreeSpace an recieve BR-esque popularity! :D
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Oh aye, cause I can see FS2 liking that. I know the SCP lads said more polys is better with HTL, but that'd be taking the piss.
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Singh

• Degrees of guilt.
Originally posted by Raa
Needs! Texture! Variety!

No! Textures! To put!

I'll try my best to convert it, but at the moment if i do, it's just going to be like a cargo container, sitting in space and doing jack, and probably with NO textures whatsoever :P

Anyways, shot of the deck and the underside:

I'll be converting the model to various formats, so if people wish to use  it or convert it, feel free to do so. It'll be up in around a half hour.

Offline Singh

• Degrees of guilt.
Allright, it's done. Conversion is complete - I've extracted the multi-part model; as well as a version of the thing without the turrets or hangar.
All the files can be found inside and are somewhat self-explanatory. For the one in the picture, look for the file Triestmultiturreted

The model is available in five flavours: D3D, D3D Triangulated, VRML, DXF and Polyline DXF. Textures are included in the /textures folder.

http://freespaceserver.cjb.net/singh/Triestdata.rar

edit, give it 5 mins to load.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I still think the dreaded AC silliness has taken effect here...if it can carry ammunition and generate energy for all those weapons, then it must have zilch in the way of engines or armor. And serving on it must be considered penal duty. Or its combat endurance is nearly zero. Pick one.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Singh

• Degrees of guilt.
Originally posted by ngtm1r
I still think the dreaded AC silliness has taken effect here...if it can carry ammunition and generate energy for all those weapons, then it must have zilch in the way of engines or armor. And serving on it must be considered penal duty. Or its combat endurance is nearly zero. Pick one.

actually; in a sense, the primary turrets at least don't need the ship at all. Considering that they are almost a Kilometer long, they have their own reactors, weapons systems and everything else; in a sense they are self-sustaining, only bolted onto the ship to prevent from flying off with every shot.

A full description will be posted later, including for hte turrets, missiles, roles, etc, etc.