no, I... well, I actually disabled the time compression
Even cool stuff bores you after a while, I know that, so I tried to keep the wait to a minimum but get right into the action, the big exceptions are
- 2259 M8: you have some time until you are in attack range. However, you do something in that time, you have to issue orders and to intercept the enemy.
- 2260 M6: the battle at Io (which simply was not possible any other way but forcing me to split the mission into three parts, although I might actually do that for the final voice acted release).
- 2260 M9: which is about waiting
- 2261 M2: Some time passes until the battle starts, alright. But you need that time to plan the attack and issue all orders. Plus, how can blowing up a planet get boring eeevvvaarrr
- 2261 M5: which is about flying around looking for someone
most other missions don't involve much waiting and usually start to go boom on you after 30 seconds or don't go boom at all, like for example 2260 M7 (the one where you test your new ship) or 2261 M11 (in which you patrol the system).
But yeah, I know the problem.