Author Topic: Cash prize for Collada - POF support!  (Read 123026 times)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Re: Cash prize for Collada - POF support!
Is this now a build straight from PCS2's repo?
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
all builds from the repo contain collada now.
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
Yes.

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
Build updated. The inconsistent crashes on load and save should be fixed (or at least greatly reduced).
Thank you so much.  However, it still crashes when I try to save some models to COLLADA format, for example, the UEFg Karuna from BP:AoA and the Longbow from the WCSaga Prologue.
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
The bug causing the problem with the Karuna should be fixed now.

Offline Talon 1024

• Mods, Games, and Stuff
PCS2 can save X and Z-axis rotation, but not Y-axis rotation.  Here's a little VP for your perusal.
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).

Offline Talon 1024

• Mods, Games, and Stuff
...And another thing: trying to import a shield mesh from a DAE gives me this error:

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
I didn't think the Collada stuff did anything with rotations. I don't remember anyone coming up with a preferred representation.

Did you try importing from another file format? ;)
It should be fixed now.

Offline Talon 1024

• Mods, Games, and Stuff
I didn't think the Collada stuff did anything with rotations. I don't remember anyone coming up with a preferred representation.

I never said the Collada stuff has anything to do with submodel rotations...  In fact, that bug has been there for a long time.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 07:02:00 pm by Talon 1024 »

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?

I never said the Collada stuff has anything to do with submodel rotations...  In fact, that bug has been there for a long time.

May I direct you to this thread: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=69598.0
Looks like a UI bug to me...(seeing as the z is actually x or whatever IIRC)
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Talon 1024

• Mods, Games, and Stuff
I don't know why, but something is causing Spicious's PCS2 build to crash whenever I try to open a POF or DAE.  It just started happening recently, so it may be a problem with my system/OS configuration.
Code: [Select]
AppName: pcs2.exe
AppVer: 0.0.0.0
ModName: msvcr90.dll
ModVer: 9.0.30729.4148
Offset: 0006ccb5
Other PCS2 builds, such as this one, do not crash when I open a POF or DAE.

EDIT: I performed a clean install of PCS2 and installed Spicious' latest build over it.  It seems to be working properly now.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 12:04:03 am by Talon 1024 »

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
PCS2 can save X and Z-axis rotation, but not Y-axis rotation.  Here's a little VP for your perusal.
Should be fixed now.

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Not certain the "<parent-object-name>-trans" trick is working anymore - has anything changed with that?

On a conversion last night the glass section converted correctly in terms of geometry (ie, it merged with the hull rather than stayed as a seprate object) but was left with no texture cos the 'glass' texture that had been applied to it didn't survive the conversion. Testing it with the 2.0.3 DAE version it worked fine.

I'll find a sample model if needed. :)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
It doesn't look like there's anything special going on that would be causing this problem. A sample would be really helpful.

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Yeah sure - just tested with the Uly on 2.0.3 and the latest build from your sig and the problem is still present only in the new build, so hopefully that will be enough?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
Ah, found and fixed. It was getting lost because of the change to only include textures used by actual geometry.

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Confirmed fixed; thanks man. :)
Twisted Infinities

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
And one more little change to import top level subobjects in a sensible order. Redownload!