Author Topic: 2010/08/02 - A status update  (Read 16676 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Shiv quit, reasons unknown
You want to know why have I quit? I've quit because direction of the new Inferno isn't classic as back in '01 anymore.

That's what I worry about too. *sigh*

I mean what's going to come out of this is doubtless going to be really fun. But I'm torn.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Creative differencesTM about the number of missions, the number of missions per system, etc. etc.

Nothing extraordinary.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Creative differencesTM about the number of missions, the number of missions per system, etc. etc.

Nothing extraordinary.

I doubt that very much. Seems like there was basically a coup in the team at some point and creative direction changed totally.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Yeah, a coup. Whose apparent objective was deligitimating Woomeister and rushing an INF SCP whose quality, IMHO, wouldn't have been comparable to INFASA's. Fortunately, the situation kind of returned to its status quo ante soon afterwards.

Besides that, there have been many creative differences as well.

[...]

[Remaining part of the post removed because private matters, like the description of Creative DifferencesTM, don't belong here. Sorry.]
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 06:25:21 pm by Mobius »
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Yeah, a coup. Whose apparent objective was deligitimating Woomeister .

Woo has been characterized by not being here and not making decisions so I think he's already done that to himself anyways.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: 2010/08/02 - A status update
Come on guys. I think you've made your point.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Woo has been characterized by not being here and not making decisions so I think he's already done that to himself anyways.
Well I am here and yes Mobius does contact me for approval of anything hes doing.
Sadly my health has been very poor over the last year (not going into it sorry) so I've been in the background for things but I AM STILL HERE.
There's been no coup or hostile takeover of the project, though Mobius puts in much more hours than I can currently do for the project hence why many have assumed hes taken over as project lead.

As for the main INF mod, the team is a lot smaller now, and so we've started discussing a slight change of plans so we can continue with the much smaller team. However we do a whole bunch of backlogged upgraded models that will need texturing and we'll be looking for people to help with that.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Glad to see you posting and clar the matter, Woo. BTW, check your PMs. :)

As Woomeister stated, a way to develop INF SCP with a skeleton crew is being discussed and is expected to lead to tangible results without compromising the quality of the product. That said, recruiting new members also remains one of our goals and the status update explains what kind of modders we need. ;)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Sadly my health has been very poor over the last year (not going into it sorry) so I've been in the background for things but I AM STILL HERE.
Get well soon Woo.  We miss you around here... and not just in the capacity of Inferno team member, and not just on the Inferno boards.
When board members go missing because of typical RL issues (work, school, family), that's unfortunate for us, but it IS a sign that their life is moving forward.  When a member is pulled away due to medical problems, we're all diminished.

Hope to see you back soon.

The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I hope you get better Woomeister!