Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 614090 times)

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Re: What are you playing right now?
Just finished Book of Unwritten Tales. Next will likely be DXHR Director's Cut and/or Realms of the Haunting. Should finish Braid, though, one way or another. And even finish Portal, which I set aside a long time ago... :nervous:

Besides those, some RIFT, and even DDR when I get the chance and find someone who wants to play. :D

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
portal isn't terribly long.  if you don't get stuck for a while figuring out one of the puzzles, you can finish it in an afternoon.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Once you've played it once, you can do it in 30min tops, without even rushing.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Mardering.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
VTSIs or the IFVs?
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Actually, the tank destroyers.

A Feddie Story

Tank combat is better when paired with moe schoolgirls. :P
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
You say that as though I'm not mod-packing the heck out of it.

A Feddie Story

Ah, cool, well, Droid803, Hartzaden, and I also play, in addition to Scourge of Ages.  We're NA-West though, and our highest tier is 7 with Droid's Tiger P and my T29.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
You can hop between servers at will now.

I've got a VK B (tier 9) for my highest, and a KV-4 on the Russian line.  Other than that, entirely too many Tier 7s.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Ah, cool, well, Droid803, Hartzaden, and I also play, in addition to Scourge of Ages.  We're NA-West though, and our highest tier is 7 with Droid's Tiger P and my T29.

NA-West myself, with stuff from Tier 2 to Tier 9 in the garage. Though I don't like my Tier 9s. NGTM_1R here. (If you know an active clan I'd be interested, I'm the last guy left in my current.)

A Feddie Story

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I play tanks too, I got tier 1 to 10 and primarily play NA East (but since it's easy to swap I can, you know, swap).

Though I'm taking a hiatus for now because of pubtatos making winning a damn match a massive chore, and also because Path of Exile is fun as hell and is basically what Diablo 3 should have been.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Still filling the shoes of Adam Jensen, patron saint of the hookers and downtrodden of Hengsha, international puncher of faces and hacker extraordinaire.  Of course despite avoiding casualties for most of the game, when those Belltower asshats massacred the pod tenement I went on a roaring rampage of revenge.  I seriously pulled out all the stops and went through them like an apex predator in a slow sheep farm.  It was fun really exercising all those upgraded weapons and combat augs I've been carting round most of the game.  I'm looking forward to the next legit case where I feel going lethal is reasonable.

Offline Patriot

NA-West myself, with stuff from Tier 2 to Tier 9 in the garage. Though I don't like my Tier 9s. NGTM_1R here. (If you know an active clan I'd be interested, I'm the last guy left in my current.)

Try MechWarrior Vets, especially Crispin(could be ColCrispin). Tell him I(HerrFlex) sent ya, that ought to do you wonders for getting in :)
They're a cool bunch of guys, mostly older than 30. Usage of TeamSpeak is encouraged but not required for pubstomps, for clan wars however(if you're interested, there's drops on fridays, saturdays and sundays and i think on mondays too) it is a requirement to at least hear people.

I quit World of Tanks but am heading their WarThunder department with little recruitment success, so if you guys know anyone that plays WarThunder and wants to join a bunch of long-time gamers and some not so long-time gamers for some aerial and soon armored fun, we're the place to be :)

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
more DXHR

...nobody shoots down my flygirl, and lives.

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
    • Rebecca Chambers Fan Club
Got Battalion Wars (GC), Eternal Darkness (GC), Front Mission 5 (PS2 - Eng Sub), Persona 4 (PS2) and Skies of Arcadia (DC) for my birthday. I'll probably start with Eternal Darkness today or tomorrow.

Offline Lorric

Got Battalion Wars (GC), Eternal Darkness (GC), Front Mission 5 (PS2 - Eng Sub), Persona 4 (PS2) and Skies of Arcadia (DC) for my birthday. I'll probably start with Eternal Darkness today or tomorrow.
Happy birthday Nakura. Enjoy. :)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I need to grab myself Eternal Darkness too.  I've heard it's a complete mind-screw.

You know what? I actually like Dead Space.

Is it original? No.
Is it scary? No.
Does it have a gripping story? No.

But the gameplay is solid, the visuals are legitimately impressive (not in terms of graphical quality, but in terms of presentation and detail), the zero-g mechanics are actually really clever, the occasional puzzles provide a nice break from the action every now and again, and when you get right down to it, it's fun to shoot limbs off of mutated space zombies.

Bottom line: flawed game? Yes. Fun game? Also yes.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
    • Rebecca Chambers Fan Club
Happy birthday Nakura. Enjoy. :)

Thanks, Lorric!

I need to grab myself Eternal Darkness too.  I've heard it's a complete mind-screw.

I'm about halfway through the game now and am somewhat disappointed. It's messed up, especially if you let your sanity hit zero, but it isn't really scary. I was expecting a terrifying experience, based on everything I've heard people say about the game, but it just isn't scary.

The story is pretty interesting and the idea is really unique. The gameplay is fairly average, but this isn't the kind of game you play for the gameplay. So far the game has been incredibly easy, as you can just use hit-and-run attacks to beat just about every enemy, maybe it gets harder later on though.