Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 613935 times)

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Re: What are you playing right now?
Witcher, I think I've gotten myself into a long haul experience.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Sarkoth

• Ser Campaign-listador
Started to play Mount and Blade: Warband again. 30 hours later, Calradia is divided and still at war.
Only the one passed trough darkness obtains the right to ask for light

Started to play Mount and Blade: Warband again. 30 hours later, Calradia is divided and still at war.

You have one option: take control of a side, and unify the land!
(Either start out on your own and capture stuff, or join a side and build up forces, find a claimant, start the revolution, dismiss the claimant, and go at it. When you eliminate the side you're rebelling against, you become the faction proper) But you'll have everybody gunning for you, and full armies taking your cities from you. So prepare well :)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Somebody introduced me to Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden.

I may never forgive them.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Finally decided to go ahead and try Kingdom Hearts, now that there's these new little bundle packs which means you don't have to buy eight games on five systems (numbers may be off a bit).

I believe I just finished the intro (yep, this is a Square Enix game alright, two hours to do the intro), and my main concern at this point is how long I'll be able to stomach having Donald and Goofy as partners.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
skyrim why u so buggy?  i've yet to play a session without a CTD.  also general NPC shenanigans.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
skyrim why u so buggy?  i've yet to play a session without a CTD.  also general NPC shenanigans.

Unofficial patches, my friend.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
have them.  i doubt they do anything for crashes though.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft

That's odd. I only got issues with it when i (like a complete noob) installed a few G.E.M.S mods via NMM instead of the recommended way. Reinstall fixed the problem.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

RE: crashes. Are you using the SKSE? How are you running it? That's been the single biggest cause of crashes to me, until I installed it manually.

I just finished a playthrough of The Banner Sage. You guys, it's good. Imagine a cross between Oregon Trail, Fire Emblem, and Chess, and that's about where it is. Also amazing art style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3zmGw8kq2o <- TotalBiscuit video

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
have them.  i doubt they do anything for crashes though.
If installed properly, the unofficial patches remove a lot of crash problems. Using tools like BOSS to manage your load order (and find problematic mods) should take care of most of the remaining problems. Skyrim should crash only very rarely, unless you've done something weird to your install (or it just hates your system).
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
STO. Dyson Sphere.

STO has not jumped the shark. They killed it. Bred a T-Rex, Cybernetically enhanced it with augmentations (for which it never asked), put a bunch of laser cannons on it and made it a group boss.

And its so gosh darn fun.

The entire Ground Zone feels so... organic. There is an element of randomness to it. The AI will actually try to take back lost territory. And there are neutral units that attack both you/your allies and the "Enemy" faction (which can work on the favor of either side.)

Did I mention that at the end of the ground sequence you fight not one, not two, but three Cyber-T-Rexes?

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Continuing the adventures of Geralt of Rivia, combat herbalist.

All I want to do it gather some white myrtle!
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
    • Rebecca Chambers Fan Club
Beat Fallout: New Vegas with the NCR ending.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Back on Dawn of War: Soulstorm and kicking ass as the Adepta Sororitas
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Kopachris

• send penguins
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Since the migration to my new SSD has royally screwed up any uPlay games to the point where I'll probably have to format and reinstall, I'm taking a break from Assassin's Creed II and am back on Shift 2.
----
My Bandcamp | Discord: Kopachris#0001 | My GitHub

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Why: A Lovely Battuta!

(play walb with me)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I've completely forgotten all my WALBattuta stuff. I'll have to work on it.

In other news, Aquanox and Aquanox 2 are on sale for a little over 2 bucks on GoG. Go get them so somebody is inspired to make Goober's SeaSick Mod a reality.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
WE: ALL LOVE BATTUTA

Hey I made a really ****ty impromptu video with my bad mic to show you how ****ING BADASS this game is so

transcript if you can't understand anything

Spoiler:
Hey you dumb nerds. My name's GENERAL BATTUTA. I am here to make a video for you about WARGAME AIR LAND BATTLE. *mic clips sexily*

Look at this ****LOAD OF PACT TANKS coming to **** ME UP. I'm playing West Germany. Best Germany. I'm with my friend. He's British. And in the game.

All right, we have to stop all these tanks from taking our command zone. I'm on the trial version of FRAPs so it's gonna cut every 30 seconds. This is what the game looks like from my omnipotent commander's eye view. Look at all that smoke. That's the Soviets. They're trying to confuse my elite tank crews.

We're bombing them. Look at all these bombs. That's our air power. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guG9cVs3ms4 But - it's not enough. There's just too many T-72s. How are we gonna stop them?

I'm probably gonna zoom in in a second here. Get to see the, uh, the tank's eye view as my Germans try to hold the line. Look at this ****. Look at all those ****ing tanks. We have the best tanks in the world - but they have the MOST!

And at this point in the game I'm just freaking the **** out. This zone I'm defending is the key. If we lose it, we lose everything. We lose our dignity. We lose our women. It's gonna be awful.

The Soviet tanks are just rolling in. They're coming in to these woods. These woods are gonna burn. There's smoke everywhere, there's fire, people are screaming. Look at this! The suffering! The humanity! All right, cut.

This, uh, this is one of my helicopter gunships. It got killed by a Tunguska. Helicopter gunships are supposed to take out large numbers of enemy tanks, but unfortunately for me our Communist adversary was just a little too clever. Now as you can see, most of these woods have burnt down and THERE - there is the KEY! Right there, where I just zoomed in, that's a T72 command vehicle. We have to kill it at all costs.

Now my British friend is gonna roll in some M1 Abrams. He's gonna try to help me out with his tanks. (That's where my tanks are hiding.) Here's his tanks. Oh, ****, what's that? An anti-tank missile? Boom! He's ****ed. That's the problem with expensive tanks...it only takes one good hit.

Okay, what are we gonna do about this. Look at this. It's a great game. You zoom in, it's beautiful. You zoom out, you have total control. You can see everything! Mortars dropping all over these guys. We gotta get through their front line and kill their command tank so we can get the zone back. It's a Hotel and they've checked in...but they won't check out.

So you see I've dropped a flare to indicate we've just got to kill that ****ing command tank. It's guarded by some Soviet infantry but I'm gonna kill it at any cost. How am I gonna do it? Well, I'm gonna get the best tank in the world, the Leopard 2A4, piloted by specimens of superior German perfection. I'm just gonna ****ing roll it up - there it is, there he goes! Is he gonna make it? He's not, this story has a sad ending, like Blue PlaAAHHHHH nope never mind he did it!

It's beautiful. Totally beautiful. He just got shot in the face but German armor is invincible. Why don't you just reverse out of there, bud? See, it's invincible, I told you.

Offline Lorric

Hearing you speak was... interesting.