Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 617576 times)

Re: What are you playing right now?
The Keiler is bloody awesome.
Go get the Keiler.

Offline crizza

I guess this deck has some shortcomings too^^
Edit: WTF, Two stacks of Commadtanks guess one has to go in favor of another tankunit...
I was just thinking of dropping some antiair, but after watching a vid from VulcanHD and having run ito a deck which uses helooverkill...they stay. Nothing ruins your day than german anti air^^

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 08:10:57 pm by crizza »

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Except Russian anti-air.  Tunguska's are ****ing nasty.  You should ask Battuta, et al how many aircraft my Tunguskas shot down in a match. (hint: it was over 20)

Offline crizza

Yeah, but since I got no Tunguskas  :D
Is it true, that some people turn the radar off as log as they don't need it so radar guided missiles can't hit them?

Edit: Sorry about the bad spelling, my keyboard is sort of wasted...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 10:04:28 pm by crizza »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
You can leave the Tunguska's radar off until it's out of missiles, since the missiles are SACLOS, not radar guided. It only needs radar for the gun.

Offline crizza

I'm in love with the BKan :)
But what is heavy tube artillery?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
All artillery is either tube or rocket. Tubes are either mortars, mid-range, or heavy. The heavy stuff will be 155/203mm and do a ton of damage.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
MLRS is actually pretty decent at infantry elimination now. DIE PACT ATGM SPAM
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline crizza

Saw this yesterday and thought about picking it up.

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Jane's Longbow: FINALLY beat Flash Point: Korea. I'm kinda rather tired of it right now (I'd be willing to give the second installment a try), probably should move on to Gunship, Enemy Engaged, or something.

Also, Hover (that one really old Windows 95 game that was "bumper cars meets capture the flag"). Cripes, I need to play Chip's Challenge.

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline crizza

Finally Knights & Merchants :)

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Company of Heroes.  Never played it when it originally came out but I had the itch to play something WWII themed and it was cheap on the Steams.  It was a pain in the ass converting back to a non Wargame RTS.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
Just restarted to play X2, and attempting to get Tarr Chronicles going on Windows 7 64 bit (anyone know if this is possible?)
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Luis Dias

I found myself last night playing a bit of dune 2000. Can't really make myself play god emperor. Clunky interface, bad game.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Been refining my NATO deck in ALB, any thoughts?

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Taking a brief break from Skyrim to finish off the Bioshock Infinite experience as Burial at Sea Ep 2 released yesterday.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline crizza

Been refining my NATO deck in ALB, any thoughts?

Being a noob, but I'll take a swedish Bkan as artillery anytime.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Artillery was one of those things I had trouble figuring out. For the longest time I'd take the intermediate size guns like the bkan, but after trying mortars I really stated liking their rate of fire. The big guns are really only in this deck because I'd always still find myself wanting to shoot at something the mortars couldn't reach. Another thing was the airplanes. I've always been a fan of cluster bombers and Tomcats but 3 airplanes never seemed like enough so I took two WW instead of one tomcat and one SEAD jet. Haven't actually played with that change though so I'm not sure how it's gonna turn out.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 08:06:13 am by Polpolion »

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Have you considered an armored CV?  They don't tend to blow up due to random artillery strikes, small arms fire or a stiff breeze.

As cheap as they are I dunno if Blowpipes are worth it, since they probably won't hit and even if they do its barely going to ding a PACT helo.  I would take some higher vet Leo1A4s, since they are the best armor on your deck the extra accuracy and morale would probably be worth the fewer tanks.  Personally I like Jager in Fuchs Milans since the APC will get them to their destination and provide a little ATGM support after.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”