Author Topic: Over 1000 downloads!  (Read 5397 times)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
The Babylon Project Base 3.0 has been downloaded over 1000 times from FilePlanet and BitTorrent. This does not include mirrors such as a gaming magazine mods section downloads.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Excellent :) I wonder how many more we'll get once raider wars is finished and we really start pimping it :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Well, the next goal should be at 10 000... :D

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
TBP will bring the internet to it's knees.

Possibly.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Sigma957

• Darkness descending...
One can only hope lol :lol:
The Babylon Project- Bringing babylon5 to freespace2

VWBB Survivor 1095 (Sigma957) 24/2/2001

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
TBP made it to Bluesnews!

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I also saw it up at Firingsquad.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Originally posted by Mr. Fury
TBP made it to Bluesnews!

I know ;)

I suggest contacting Woo. He had created a Master list of sorts which he used to send over out to several gaming sites. Thus, Inferno became the reinvigorating force of the -then dieing- Freespace 2 community.

TBP can go MUCH further. Now that it is FS2 free, and only relies on SCP for more goodies, imagine what can happen. The sky is the limit, really, and only campaings and some more ships really stand in the way of TOTAL B5 for the computer.

However, we need  to start
:thepimp:  ing TBP 3.0 as much as it deserves.

I am already sending news over the internet. Contact sites you read (and contain gaming news) telling them of it.

Can only be good!  Again congrats to the team behind TBP 3.0
I watch you guys for years, and still I am amazed at all of what TBP has become.
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
TBP deserves that pimping once Raider Wars is released. And especially after a version with full voice acting is released, which unfortunately is not included at first.

By the way, both fileplanet and torrent downloads now totals 1700. :)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 02:40:24 pm by 173 »

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
We have just passed 2000 downloads from official download mirrors. :)

Originally posted by karajorma
Excellent :) I wonder how many more we'll get once raider wars is finished and we really start pimping it :D

Raider Wars will turn off new players since it is too difficult for the novice to average gamer.  It would be better to promote earth-minbari war campaign.  The voice acting is another plus for the latter.
Biggs
athlon xp 3000+ 1024 mb 333mhz BFG 6800 gt oc 256 mb sbaudigy 2 logitech z-680 5.1 windows xp home sp2

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
So, one full month has passed since the release of 3.0. As far as official BitTorrent and FilePlanet downloads go, Base downloads count 4300 in total.

I say it's pretty impressive number for an FS2 mod/total conversion.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2005, 11:10:27 am by 173 »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Especially considering that I've not seen any major pimping going on :)

I noticed today that PC Format were running an article on 50 free games and I just caught myself wondering why the hell TBP wasn't on their list.

Once the voice acting is done I think we should make sure that TBP makes it next time :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
TBP did make it to the largest gaming magazine here in Finland. No review though, only a short mention and an image. Still, it's something :)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
This month's issue? I went through it three times and couldn't see it anywhere.

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Yeah, page 26. The bigger boxing game article kinda makes you skip the whole page :p

After so many years I am so glad that the poeple that desrve it are getting the credit.  Such a long haul but yet so beautiful of a end result on screen;   I was glad too be here too lurk it and enjoy all the efforts since I cannot fred or anything else!!! :)

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Mr. Fury
So, one full month has passed since the release of 3.0. As far as official BitTorrent and FilePlanet downloads go, Base downloads count 4300 in total.

I say it's pretty impressive number for an FS2 mod/total conversion.

And you are absolutely correct. It's a great effort. :nod:
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Official BT and FP Base 3.0 downloads now counts over 8500 downloads total. According to my inquiries and little sniffing around, including unofficial download locations, Base 3.0 has been downloaded over 10 000 times (includes both official and unofficial download locations).

Looking at how little support requests there has been in our forums, I think we were quite succesful in providing a solid release. Naturally, we have to thank Source Code Project staff as well, their fs2_open 3.6 was stable and bug-free enough to hit the masses hard. :)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 08:13:48 am by 173 »

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
TBP ownz the internet.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.