Author Topic: R3 status update  (Read 14495 times)

Offline Edwin

he, why are we leaping to conclusions about B5 being in it?  he said a "working ingame [censored]"  for all we know he could mean a Sheridan Bear.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
As for the Whitestar, I see 2 possible ways of getting it out before Gunship AI is implimented.  1), make it a non-player-flyable ship, so its fully AI, with Bomber AI.  2), still using Bomber AI, make it player-flyable but give the forward beam turret a very narrow field of fire.  You may not be able to restrict WHEN its shooting, but you will be able to restrict WHAT its firing at.  Alpha-1 will need to be beam-freed by default for every mission where the Whitestar is a player option for flight.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Edwin

make it so one key will beam-free it and another will beam-lock it.  more fire-control.

Regarding the Whitestar

Can't you just make the Beam primary#1 and the four Molecular Pulsars primary#2? What's the big deal?

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Nose and wing pulse guns are different.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Things are progressing fairly well for a change. We still need to do a lot of work to make finishing touches to everything and test the base and missions inside out.

We may ask your help for testing, if it comes to that we will make a seperate annoucement. So no need to jump on the gun, yet.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon

LOD0 is complete, 4.7k polies without turrets. :)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
ummmm. Wow.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I noticed that you didn't put the circle bits on the ends of the 4 stabalizers that go around the forward main "ball" section.  And you didn't put the knotch in the stabalizers for the next back segment.

Later!

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon

Seriously, are you using a polygon microscope or something? :wtf:
Anyway, I'll let stithe to comment model related comments since he's the one modelling it. :p

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Truly, I bow before Trivial Psychic's superiour nit-picking abilities.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline redmenace

Originally posted by Mr. Fury

LOD0 is complete, 4.7k polies without turrets. :)

So this makes how many different versions of b5 you have made?
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

I would just like to say, i admire the work that you and everyone else has done, you deserve a pat on the back.... congratulations.

I wish i had the abilty to do what you have done, so i am jealous of you guys right now LOL... but i am really proud of you.  keep up the good work... i look forward to play your R3 asap....  

Take care all, and good luck.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
:welcome:

I'm sure the B5 guys like the praise but don't be too hasty to say you couldn't do something to help.

Freespace is a pretty easy game to mod. Even if you have no talent when it comes to making ships or texturing them you might be able to write missions. :)

Thanks Korajorma, but i have never done any kind of programming at all, apart fromt the basic command goto 10 or run, although i would be interested in helping you guys out in anyway possible, as i think it is a worth while cause.

Obviously its now at its R3 stage, where could i download the R3 editor and start fiddling around with it, although, by the time i have  learnt how to use the thing, you guys would be on release 10..

But if there was anyway i can help, pls let me know.

I want to do something useful for once :D

Offline Roanoke

Wow, that B5 looks excellent. Any chance of  a B4 (in due course) ?

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
It is said that for every great model something must be sacrificed.

In other words, I think B4 disappeared throught the rift just before it was finished. So we need to make a new one. :D

Offline Edwin

Originally posted by Mr. Fury
It is said that for every great model something must be sacrificed.

In other words, I think B4 disappeared throught the rift just before it was finished. So we need to make a new one. :D

no, you just need to go down to the planet B5 orbits, pick up a few passengers, and fly through the rift.

:p

Offline -Norbert-

What good would that do? Nobody ever came back from there.:p
Or rather came back from then :p

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Actually B4 did come back. In one of the comics. Unfortunately I only ever read the first half.