Author Topic: The Lieutenant Nehru Memorial Challenge  (Read 13364 times)

Re: The Lieutenant Nehru Memorial Challenge
It's a bug that only occurs when Fury's AI is being used.  Basically, if you transfer energy from your shields to lasers, the lasers will get the boost but the shields do not lose any energy!  Therefore, you can set your laser recharge to zero and just dump free unlimited energy from the shields into the lasers.  You can even push the energy back to the shields to recharge them faster!

It seems not very many people use the shield->laser and laser->shield functions though.  It was natural for me since I played Tie Fighter and X-Wing.  Perhaps it's because there's no tutorial for it and the default keymapping is something stupid (scroll-lock and shift+scroll-lock).  I consider it a required skill for flying Insane though.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Heh, I've never used that function myself, since energy comes in spades on Very Easy. It might be useful on higher difficulties, but I'm more used to shunting energy in the ETS to make my ship perform accordingly.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
The brave souls that have passed the Nehru Memorial Challenge can now try it again using the very latest AI, part of the 3.6.12 Feature Pack update that was released a moment ago, available in the Black Market topic.

The AI is probably a bit tougher in dogfights but carries QuantumDelta's seal of approval. ;)

Offline CaptJosh

I took out Myrmidons and just ordered the rest of my wing to protect Nehru. They got a bit singed, but Nehru's dot didn't even turn red. Took a while to deal with the Dragons though. I love the line, "Could somebody help me out. Me and this Shivan need to start seeing other people."
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.