Author Topic: Act 3 Voice Acting  (Read 7042 times)

Offline rubixcube

• best username ever
I suppose they could always ask interplay nicely about possible monitisation, though I doubt it would go anywhere

Man copyright law is so outdated, it is in dire need of rewriting
Stuff

Be that as it may, BP largely manages to fly "under the radar" because no money is exchanging hands.  Private offers of assistance might possibly be accepted.  (This is mere speculation on my part, as I do not speak for the BP team in any capacity.)  But public solicitation of funding is not, in my opinion, worth the risk.

Like blood, money has a tendency to attract sharks once it is in the water.
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Plus the SCP is licensed under terms which forbid commercial use, which would almost certainly include a project asking for donations.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
All of these are reasons why we're not planning to ask for funds. There's also another one: Adding money to something that ran well when it operated without it is a source of drama we would very much like to avoid.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Yeah, we survive almost entirely on our team chemistry.

I paid the Act 1+2 VAs out of pocket and will hopefully do the same for Act 3 if it ever becomes reailty. But that's an obstacle to be tackled after generating a good script.

It is a free mod and you guys put a lot of time in to it so I don't really feel like giving any critique, but I imagined some of the characters to be voiced a bit differently in my head when I played WiH the first time, but in general I'm thrilled to finally be able to play it with VA.

Meaby Wrong Topic, Meaby post not at thema, or language but...

I want to thank you guys and girls, for realase one of my dreams.
Iv'e already ended Age of Aquarius, War in Heaven part1,2.. and I'm waitng for voice acting part 3.

what I've seen was outstanding work.  Storyline, scripts, graphic enchantments, voice acting, music. Everything was reworked, remodeled. I've see passion in this, years of work of many people, the love in doing this.

*spoilers*
I may be disappointed what happend to GTVA, my beloved alliance, fighting against them makes me sad. But gaming experience was awesome.  Thank you
*end of spolers*

I will wait with play part 3 of war in heaven until voice acting will be added.  I want to fell the same immersion that gave me freespace2 and Yours Blue Planet.

What iv'e seen was proffesional, no excuse. Now i know why i will never see Freespace 3 in shop/sell.  It would be to hard to beat Blue Planet

for a while i feld again like a child, playing F2
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 03:38:37 am by RegulusPL »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

Offline Rabid

So, essentially, if I read this right:

No form of payment should be accepted by the BP devs from any of us plain ol' players. Doing so at all would put them in a bad spot that could interfere with the development of BP. (In a number of ways)

However the devs can pour pocket money into the project. Its because they're not profiting and they're producing this thing (BP). Only Devs (those listed in the credits) can safely put pocket money into this project.

Or to state it differently:
If we were all given a question, such as "Can pocket money flow into BP development?"
The answer would have to be - "You'd have to be a dev."

Ok, so "all purpose" dotations would be banned. And trademark owners can be really unhappy.

How about specyfic purpose? like
John Smith (proffesional voice actor) blablabla will give his voice for 1000$, we gather money for this, and we have already 422/1000.
Owners/Modders of Blue Planet has no "profit" in this. See billing

Or, go around it (dotations for server webside maintenance)  and noone asks where finally money goes?:D

Or Just Ask trademark owners for premisson or "paid help" with finnishing project.

Or just ignore me, i'm new, ideas isn't new. Things goes like it goes and it's fine. Just time.

In the other hand,
I'm pretty sure, where money goes, expectations raises.  "I paid for this, blahblahas, and id dint..! *complaint* *complaint* *complaint*.

For Me,
i've already played a really great part of game and i know someone did it for me for "free" .  I feel i took some debt, so dotations would be the simplest way for "repay" even if unfair with $/hour.

(Im sorry for my english, what you see above it's just years of playing "online", not proffesional lessons, i hope it's understandable)

Offline QuakeIV

• test
The problem here is they have no ability to survive on technicalities currently.  If someone decided to make trouble for them they are somewhat boned.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Our stance on this is pretty final. We do appreciate that we have fans willing to part with their money to make our weird little campaign better, we really do, but we won't be accepting donations.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns