Author Topic: Wazzup!  (Read 17688 times)

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Even though life can slow progress, I'm confused as to how Woo (creator of Inferno) has so much free time to always respond to the forum and do work on Inferno. Is it impossible for BWO to have the same situation?
Woo isn't me or Ace...or BlackDove :)
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Snail

• SC 5
As Woo said himself, he doesn't have a social life , unlike the BWO people, who do spend more time with family and friends (or getting drunk at late-night pubs :P).

Offline Genoism

• WIP FS3
just haven't heard anything for a while so its nice to see ppl still kickin around here :p
After much debate I decided quotes are a waste of time.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
As Woo said himself, he doesn't have a social life , unlike the BWO people, who do spend more time with family and friends (or getting drunk at late-night pubs :P).
Pubs + drinking = yes :)
- IceFire

Offline SA22C

At what point do we start throwing the words '3d Realms' and 'Duke Nukem Forever' at these guys?

This campaign has been in development since before the millennium.  My guess is that it will never see the light of day.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Funny how no one reads threads asking for some help on the campaign, even when they give away the status of it.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
At what point do we start throwing the words '3d Realms' and 'Duke Nukem Forever' at these guys?

This campaign has been in development since before the millennium.  My guess is that it will never see the light of day.
Thanks for your support and encouragement.
- IceFire

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
That means that SA22C is probably wrong when saying it won't be released.
Oh, ya think?

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards

No one's gonna say it? I have to?  *sigh* Ok...

Asshat!
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Selectah

• Unsuspended
Yo,

Feel free to do so at any given time. 'Elite 4', anyone?
This campaign has been in development since before the millennium.
As have many, many, many other campaigns.
My guess is that it will never see the light of day.
You mean like FreeSpace: Close Quarters? Or the long-dead S/W TC? Or countless others?

Cordially,
~Selectah
Selectah Fan Club Member

disregard this post

Y'know, he has a point. :rolleyes:

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
Folks...let me say this as briefly as I can.  BWO has been in development a long time yes...but part of that time was spent putting together a very detailed plan as to what was going to happen, what steps need to be taken, and how the story and missions are laid out.  Lets assume the worst case scenario and we run out of steam...if there are enough talented developers willing to step in...the campaign could still be finished because the plan is still in pretty good shape.

Progress is made slowly...but the team isn't exactly aimless and bumbling about not sure what to do.  There is a plan...we will follow it.  Some day this will be finished.  I hope its sooner than later. Every time we make progress the whole thing comes together so much more.  I know some of you folks are anxious to get your hands on it and play the thing through.  I wish you could right now...but it isn't ready.  Not just yet.
- IceFire

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
...and I'll make it blunt, for those complaining that this campaign isn't being released you can be my guest in volunteering to UV map and convert the HTL ships.

Hell if you're eager enough and do it fast enough I'll single-handedly do the final mission pass and have it done and out by christmas.
Ace
-Alfred Hitchcock

If, heaven forbid, you run out of steam, I'll pick up what you guys leave. BWO, along with all the time and effort you guys have put in deserves to be released. IMHO, I'd rather have a perfect later release than a buggier, less well-designed earlier release...

Here's some more steam to keepy you going:

steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam, steam,

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Folks...let me say this as briefly as I can.  BWO has been in development a long time yes...but part of that time was spent putting together a very detailed plan as to what was going to happen, what steps need to be taken, and how the story and missions are laid out.

Let me say this even more briefly: FEATURE CREEP. :p Wasn't BWO originally a ten-mission, no-mod campaign? :D

(Not that I blame you one little bit.  ST:R has been feature creeping since 2002. :))

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
Yup, if it wasn't for HTL we'd be done with the mods and moving on.

Damn SCP people... both the Sollies and the Source Coders :p
Ace
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
feature creep!? BWO!? unposable!!!

I mean what sort of idiot would just keep insisting on more and more ships weapons animations ect on and on and on, adding half a new fleet every time it looked like progress was being made.
I mean.... it... certanly wasn't me....
... :nervous:
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Hey, if it's going to be out by Christmas, have at it! :D

I mean what sort of idiot would just keep insisting on more and more ships weapons animations ect on and on and on, adding half a new fleet every time it looked like progress was being made.

:lol:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards

Why didnt you map the dan fleet then?! :p
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist