Author Topic: Sooo, act 4 for war in heaven is still being worked on?  (Read 44535 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Sooo, act 4 for war in heaven is still being worked on?
I'd do a Patreon in a heartbeat but first I would want to be confident I could actually deliver.

Q. How long are Act 4 and 5 then mission wise, and how much work do they require compared to the other Acts? Are they comparable in complexity, or do they require MB sized mission files?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
There are a few missions in advanced stages, it'd probably be comparable to Act 1+2 with a focus on building a few consistent new mechanics instead of new **** every mission. Mostly about bomber and capship interaction.

Offline MC_Kejml

• Drinks Kool-aid
The money is not received for BP, nor is BP sold - the money is used for covering the costs.
...of BP. So the money is, in fact, being used for BP. Which I don't think is legal nor desirable for the community tbh, as neat as it would be for us to see BP3 out sooner.

It covers the costs. What would be needed would be that it was not used for profit, which NGOs do on average basis.

Well, on the plus side, once the BP team does get those core mechanics figured out, and they can be easily applied from one mission to the next (not having to reinvent the wheel every time), they might make some FREDing progress.

I'm doing mostly the same thing for my campaign. Setting up all those SEXPs to get my first mission running properly was a nightmare. But now that it's done, I have a 'blank' mission template, which requires (at most) aggressive copy-pasting. Now I can slam out a decent mission in just a few hours, because the player's ship handles mostly the same from mission to mission.

I would totally give to a BP kickstarter. But it's not one of those things that can be solved by throwing money at it.
"Obviously the meson bomb is a form of cat-toast-device, with the buttered toast inverted, so that the cat and toast both fly in the direction of gravity much faster than expected. By introducing artificial gravity, a pair of cat-toast perpetual motion accelerator units can be made to collide with one another, and they produce an unimaginably devastating explosion. Both cats are named 'Meson'."

- Wikileaks 2383

Offline emark4

I'm making a mini-campaign that is HEAVILY inspired by Blue Planet. An alternate reality, where stuff went down differently at Saturn, and the GTVA finds themselves on the losing end of the war.

It won't be Act 4, and it won't be BP canon. But it is BP-adjacent, and it is being actively worked on!

Sounds like fun! I hope to play that story someday.

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
Hi all. I was hoping the next episode would be released in the 4 years it took for me to log back on. I understand how getting busy derails projects though. Hope all is well. Was some good times with Blue Planet. Really quality stuff.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Hi all. I was hoping the next episode would be released in the 4 years it took for me to log back on. I understand how getting busy derails projects though. Hope all is well. Was some good times with Blue Planet. Really quality stuff.

HI BIGCHUNK

I actually did some work today, we'll see if it goes anywhere!

Offline emark4

HI BIGCHUNK

I actually did some work today, we'll see if it goes anywhere!

Yay!

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Yay the second  ;)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline QuakeIV

• test
*hype intensifies*

*hype intensifies*

Bit early for getting hyped, hmmm? :p But anyway yay^3, unless "I worked on it" means "fixed a couple typos". :D

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Nah, we've outlined a new gameplay system we want to carry through Act 4 + 5 (we want to do a few consistent mechanics rather than new mechanics every mission), and now we're working on new code and LUA to support it. I'm digging back into the missions we have and tuning them up.

Offline Snarks

Nah, we've outlined a new gameplay system we want to carry through Act 4 + 5 (we want to do a few consistent mechanics rather than new mechanics every mission), and now we're working on new code and LUA to support it. I'm digging back into the missions we have and tuning them up.

Are we talking about completely new mechanics, or are we recycling some of the ones from earlier acts, particularly Act 3.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
A bit of column A, a bit of column B.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
You should not expect tower defense, reinforcement point buy, or the flashbang to return as regular every mission mechanics.

Offline emark4

*Hype intensifies uncontrollably*

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
This community is really looking forward to Blue Planet's (WiH) conclusion...
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline -Sara-

Maybe we ought to create a betting pool on whichever will be released first: Blue Planet - Act 4, or George R.R. Martin's The Winds of Winter.  :nod:
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Maybe we ought to create a betting pool on whichever will be released first: Blue Planet - Act 4, or George R.R. Martin's The Winds of Winter.  :nod:

Weren't you the one who made some BP character art some years back?