Author Topic: Bugs when mapping target view to cockpit  (Read 3844 times)

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
Bugs when mapping target view to cockpit
- the ship that is shown in the target view is stretched in a strange way, very noticeable when targeting cubic cargo containers
- when mapping the target window to a cockpit the brackets marking the selected subsystem are off, most of the time outside the target window even(see picture)
are those bugs known? could they be fixed? not exactly game breaking but the off brackets are somewhat annoying
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 07:00:33 pm by fightermedic »
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Re: Bugs when mapping target view to cockpit
- the ship that is shown in the target view is stretched in a strange way, very noticeable when targeting qubic cargo containers
That's expected behaviour, I'd say, due to the 'perspective' distorting the projection?

- when mapping the target window to a cockpit the brackets marking the selected subsystem are off, most of the time outside the target window even(see picture)
I noticed that too, playing BP- thought it was just my setup, but if you're getting it as well there must be something more to it.

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
- the ship that is shown in the target view is stretched in a strange way, very noticeable when targeting qubic cargo containers
That's expected behaviour, I'd say, due to the 'perspective' distorting the projection?

no, it's far beyond what i would expect, the targeted ship is distorted massively, not the target view as a whole (that's what you'd expect)
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
there could also be distortions in the uv mapping as well. flat map them head on for best results. subdivision might also help but ive never tried it.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
It looks like the vertices are in the right places, but the polygons are inverted. And possibly the depth testing is backwards?

No clue about the subsystem target box though.