Author Topic: "The Bush administration had no interest in actually finding Osama Bin Laden"  (Read 6147 times)

Offline Luis Dias

Re: "The Bush administration had no interest in actually finding Osama Bin Laden"
Yeah I remember this shenanigan. When Clinton talked about Bin Laden, the rethuglicans framed it as a "distraction" that Clinton was doing in order to the public "forget" about Monica Lewinsky. 'Coz, dontchaknow, a blow job is waay more important than a terrorist that had already killed hundreds and was able to bomb the twin towers.

****ing politics, always in the way of real business.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Re: "The Bush administration had no interest in actually finding Osama Bin Laden"
****ing politics, always in the way of real business.

In it's purest form democracy is a good system, but as usual human flaws break it and we end up with systems like in the UK and america where anything short of perfect is the greatest sin and sod the fact that the person being brought down is often the better person for the job than the detractors.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
In it's purest form democracy is a good system, but as usual human flaws break it and we end up with systems like in the UK and america where anything short of perfect is the greatest sin and sod the fact that the person being brought down is often the better person for the job than the detractors.

You could say the same thing about just about any type of government. If we didn't have "human flaws" it wouldn't really matter anyway. :)

Offline Luis Dias

Yeah, pure my ass. The arian vision was the only "pure" thing that I recognize in the 20th century. And it sucked.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
We should put benevolent supercomputers in power.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Yeah, that worked out so well with AM.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Yeah, that worked out so well with AM.
I said benevolent. AM really hates us.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
You could not begin to comprehend how much he hates us.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Luis Dias

What the hell is "AM"?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
What the hell is "AM"?

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream

I was reading Bush's memoir 'Decision Points' today. It was surprisingly sympathetic. Obviously I do not agree with many of Bush's large decisions, but it seemed to provide genuine insight into what he was thinking.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i still maintain that being president is more about balls than brains. thinking should (theoretically, though never in actual practice) be what the legislative branch is supposed to be good at. the executive branch is about action, because if you let the intellectual legislative branch (also in theory since this trait doesn't actually apply to any politician) decide how to act, they will debate whether they should act for years and never do anything. so its up to the president to step up and decide what to do with the information he has in hand. because in that position inaction is worse than stupidity.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Well the thing is that the US President, allegedly 'the most powerful man in the world', actually has surprisingly few powers. It's a very limited office in terms of breadth.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Well the thing is that the US President, allegedly 'the most powerful man in the world', actually has surprisingly few powers. It's a very limited office in terms of breadth.

president has the power to go to war. granted they have to have a reasonable cause to do so, less they fail to get re-elected (or worse impeached). i admit that by itself is hardly enough to make the president the "most powerful man in the world", just somone who could potentially do a lot of damage before he can be stopped. its something he has to answer for. but my original statement still stands, being president is about balls, not brains, reguardless of what (or who :lol: ) youre allowed to use them on.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny

Except that during the Bush years something extraordinary happened, the executive and legislative branches more or less merged. If you look at the veto rates, Bush had only a handful which is rather telling. So little was vetoed because so much of the legislation was his to begin with.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

president has the power to go to war. granted they have to have a reasonable cause to do so, less they fail to get re-elected (or worse impeached). i admit that by itself is hardly enough to make the president the "most powerful man in the world", just somone who could potentially do a lot of damage before he can be stopped. its something he has to answer for. but my original statement still stands, being president is about balls, not brains, reguardless of what (or who :lol: ) youre allowed to use them on.

The President actually can't declare war.  :nervous:  He's able to deploy troops though.

Offline Kosh

The President actually can't declare war.  :nervous:  He's able to deploy troops though.

The democrats and republicans surrendered this when they gave him a blank check to go into iraq.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

The democrats and republicans surrendered this when they gave him a blank check to go into iraq.

Congress actually passed an authorization for the war on Iraq.

There's a much better historical argument for the point you're trying to make - look back and see if you can spot it!

Hmm.

Wild guess.

Grenada?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Hmm.

Wild guess.

Grenada?

Even earlier!

Offline Kosh

Mexico to go hunt for Pancho De Villa?

Brain I/O error